Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Petite Fusee / The Little Rocket .....Modifications since joining DS3 club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake
    replied
    Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
    You don't need to remove baguettes , had mine done

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
    Good looking car! I will try to wrap mine then

Leave a comment:

• Hyperkev
    replied
    Originally posted by Cake
    Good looking car! Now i want to do some work on my car :P
    Might be a bit late here. But did you drop the vinyl wrap on the baguettes because you need to take the baguettes off? i want to do this to my car.
    You don't need to remove baguettes , had mine done

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cake
    replied
    Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
    Door chrome to be wrapped in gloss carbon fibre vinyl.....any thoughts on that one ?
    Good looking car! Now i want to do some work on my car :P
    Might be a bit late here. But did you drop the vinyl wrap on the baguettes because you need to take the baguettes off? i want to do this to my car.

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback.....it`s been two years of unconditional love and plenty of fun to drive all the way!

Leave a comment:

• Lynyrd Skynner
    replied
    Nice looking car BTW....

Leave a comment:

• Lynyrd Skynner
    replied
    Just finished going thru this thread and its been a great read for a new comer to the fold its given me a few ideas of things to do to my bumble bee hdi not sure what will be the 1st thing will be as always cost comes into it , 2 kids of 11 and 14 are very good at draining the wallet , but I do fancy the remap maybe treat it in the new year .........

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Thanks Funky.....it would have been easy to botch.......so the guy that fitted it riveted it in 12 places so it is firmly attached! I ordered my Samurai Rubber Lip on Amazon I think and they are not very expensive at all! It is light in weight and durable/flexible. I`m pleased with it.

Leave a comment:

• Funky
    replied
    Like it Jez. Was it easy to do? Where did you get it from?

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	23848142_320972995052635_1472512573_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	278.2 KB ID:	392376Click image for larger version  Name:	23848147_320973021719299_704260858_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	275.0 KB ID:	392377Click image for larger version  Name:	23874095_320972998385968_862992318_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	261.1 KB ID:	392378Click image for larger version  Name:	23874553_320979981718603_650860611_o.jpg Views:	2 Size:	283.9 KB ID:	392379Click image for larger version  Name:	23949365_320973005052634_1406346158_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	260.7 KB ID:	392381

The Samurai Rubber Splitter Lip.........It`s On!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JEZDS3; 23-11-2017, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	391610

Work in progress update!

It`s been a while since I have been on here but La Petite Fusee has evolved a little since my last post!

No new clutch needed as yet ,which is a relief but WTF now has my Triple R Splitter which she is going to pamper and fit on her car.

I have also put my air filter box and K&N panel filter back on and my car is running fine with a nice clean filter in.
    The GSR induction kit was fun but I did find I had to keep adjusting and re tightening the hose at the turbo as it kept coming off!

I will have a new flexible splitter lip fitted in November and this will be able to deal with the local animals and roadkill in Hampshire
    ......my Triple R splitter was taking too many hits so it was time to say goodbye!
    Last edited by JEZDS3; 26-10-2017, 07:25.

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Yes......a clutch upgrade will be worth considering!

Leave a comment:

• TomAsprey
    replied
    Wow.. looks awesome mate

Leave a comment:

• lfcrule1972
    replied
    I'm planning to do the same on mine, no issues yet but apparently either a Sachs organic or sintered clutch is the next step....

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Needless to say I have been "testing" La Petite Fusee on the drive home from my Mum`s house in Romsey to my home near Basingstoke and there are some cracking roads to try.....A30/A33. One is a Roman road and the other is a quiet dual carriageway next to M3 so great fun through all the 6 gears!

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Originally posted by Funky View Post
    Awesome!! How was the drive back Jez? Is there a massive difference in performance? Will the clutch need to be upgraded or will the OEM one be OK and not fail?
    Drive home was fun and clutch seems fine at the moment!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X