Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Petite Fusee / The Little Rocket .....Modifications since joining DS3 club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Next on DS3 Performance news.......Spark plugs and Coil Packs replaced this week due to a P1338 misfire code! All ok now and acceleration back to normal and thanks again to Jamie Shires at SP Tuning for advice! Phew!

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback Chris.....I will continue my search for good budget rubber......

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Got 4 x PS4s all round now

The only critiscism is they seem a bit noisy- a little bit rumbly

Dont remember that on the PS3s

Not fussed really tho, and be interesting to see how they handle in the wet

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Thanks Chris I did get budget rear tyres but I don't know how long they will last! Michelins are the best for these DS3's but they do not last long either.....

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
    Hi Chris.....sorry to take so long to get back to you....I love the Michelins but not the price ....got the new ones on front at moment rear replacements will be budgets as I need new pads on my twin pot fronts.....it never ends but I still love my Performance after two yeats of ownership! Speak again in a couple of months! Lol
    Ive still not replaced my front budgets, but you can get a pair of PS4s for £200 if you look for offers- blackcircles etc
    But I am loathe to change out tyres that are still roadworthy even if they are budgets

Anyway, one of the budgets is only 3 or 4 mm, so will probably end up getting 2 in the summer

Catch up 2 months time ;-)

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Hi Chris.....sorry to take so long to get back to you....I love the Michelins but not the price ....got the new ones on front at moment rear replacements will be budgets as I need new pads on my twin pot fronts.....it never ends but I still love my Performance after two yeats of ownership! Speak again in a couple of months! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    New Shocks and 2 New Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres .....riding like new again now!
    Great, How the PS4s to your liking?

I have a set on the back just done 2kmiles and not sure whether to invest in a front set too- just couple cheapos on the front

I may well swap front 2 with back 2 to see how they fayre

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    New Shocks and 2 New Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres .....riding like new again now!

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    My bad......Citroemech Wokingham is the correct spelling.....

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Good news.....DS3 had its shock absorbers replaced today at Citromech Wokingham......just ensure you book well in advance to avoid any delays from suppliers.....I was lucky to be on annual leave otherwise I could be losing days at work.......thank goodness the rattles have gone!

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Chris....sadly no.....I cannot afford time or expense for these.....also even at a local garage it is proving to be a pain in the arse to get the right o.e.m. shocks for the DS Performance......this could turn me right off the brand if I get more hassle .....I have no doubt that my next car will be something else and without any reliability issues!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Nearly 25,000 miles on the clock and sadly the local roads have hammered my front shock absorbers! Happily they will be replaced at my local garage on 28th Oct.....in the meantime it's shake,rattle and roll.....I feel like Elvis when I drive my DS3 Performance! On the big dipper! Lol.
    Opportunity to fit coilovers maybe?

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Nearly 25,000 miles on the clock and sadly the local roads have hammered my front shock absorbers! Happily they will be replaced at my local garage on 28th Oct.....in the meantime it's shake,rattle and roll.....I feel like Elvis when I drive my DS3 Performance! On the big dipper! Lol.

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Funky and Chris still refreshing to see you love the updates! Part 2 has 1st service at 15,000 miles on weds 16th Jan 2019 ......K and N filter being added but no remap yet! The remap is pending! Trust me,I will be visiting SP Tuning this year!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Nice one New. Shame Joni don't get on here anymore to accept your thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X