NFL Playoffs Look at the huge pile of ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Playoffs Look at the huge pile of ca

Even the best teams in football need motivation and Sean Payton was more than willing to hand the some ahead of their divisional round matchup against the . Payton did it in an extremely creative and smart fashion: he used money.More specifically, Payton trotted out the same motivation tactic he used back in 2009, when the Saints made a Super Bow run, by rolling out a giant case full of cold, hard cash around the Lombardi Connor McDavid Jersey Trophy to remind his players what's at stake for them if they can win three games. Ian Rapoport of Media obtained a picture of the cash and trophy and it is pretty inspiring. You heard the story from of coach Sean Payton coming into his locker room with armed guards, cash and a Super Bowl trophy as motivation? For the first time, here is what it looked like: Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) I'm not even mad that Payton got 200,000 $1 bills to maximize the volume.According to , Payton hid a giant box underneath a big gold curtain in the locker room during a team meeting on Monday. More NFL At the end of the meeting, Payton pulled the curtain up to reveal "a gla s Esa Tikkanen Jersey case full of cash, along with a Lombardi Trophy." Additionally, "three armed guards" carried in more cash, to show the Saints a total of $225,000. The goal of that number? To show his players how much they would earn if the Saints won the .Payton's math is a little high: a division winner who plays in a wild-card game Laurent Brossoit Jersey would end up making $230,000, while a player on a wild-card team that wins the Super Bowl earns $228,000. Saints players, by virtue of winning the division and securing the No. 1 seed, can only earn $201,000 per player. But the point still works. Go win three games and get a ma sive bonus in addition to securing the Lombardi Trophy and locking in your place in Saints history. , Jr., told Katzenstein that everyone freaked the geek out over seeing that amount of money on the table."How can I get it? I wish I could go up there and take mine Jean-Francois Jacques Jersey right now," Ginn said. Some of the younger players were completely blown away."It was surreal because I've never seen that much money in person, so when he brought that out ... I was like, 'Oh wow, this is for real? This is what we're playing for?'" rookie defensive lineman said. "So I feel like that gives the guys another edge, like not only are we in this to win it all, but we got a lot at stake. We all want to walk out of here with a ring on our finger."And others just want to see a bunch of $20s."If we get it done, I need it in 20s, all in a duffle bag, delivered to my front door," defensive tackle said.The : they're eight-point favorites against Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Jersey the Eagles on Sunday. And they're the top favorites in Vegas to win the Super Bowl. Those guys might just get that duffel bag after all.
Working...
X