Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Down Under!

G'day Everyone,

I've been a member for a while now but have never introduced myself, so I thought it was about time! I've been reading many of your posts and comments on the DS3 for years, and all this information has really helped me to keep mine in great condition. So, thank you!

On to introductions: my names Tim, and I have a black 2015 DS3 Dsport 165THP. I love this car having picked it up brand new (on run-out) back in 2017. Yep, you read that right, this car was sold with 0km brand new back in 2017, and already 1.5 years old. This should tell you how fast moving Citroen's are off the show room floor here in Australia...

So my DS3 is a 60th Anniversary Edition with a silver DS monogrammed roof, the wing mirrors also feature the silver monogram. Citroen threw every option they could at it at the time, and because Citroen Australia were trying to move stock fast I somehow managed to score 12k off the asking price. Should think so considering it was 1.5 years old ... HAHA.

Mechanically it has never missed a beat. Still pulls very strong. That being said, I always allow it to 'warm up' of a morning - and I have my first walnut blast scheduled in two weeks time. My DS3 has just reached 60,000 km and it needs to be done.

The only issue I have had has been the monogrammed roof decal. It has been replaced twice as it cracked in the hot sun here. Our summers can peak at temps upwards of 40+ degrees. The first time they replaced it they didn't line up the pattern properly. Being a graphic designer this made me wince with frustration as patterns should be balanced. Otherwise they are not a pattern. Plus if you haven't seen a monogrammed roof with a huge ass wave through it, then rest assured I can tell you it's not at all pretty, or premium. So, naturally I made them replace it again. All under warranty of course.

Since then the roof has been ceramic coated and refreshed to keep it at its best. Never had a problem since.

In terms of mods I have the 2.5" Walkinshaw Performance Cat-back exhaust system. Love the deeper sound this has given to the car, especially when getting on and off boost. Very addictive.

Future Mods: I have just purchased the Pug1Off stage 4 Tuning Package + LSD + shortshifter + Sports clutch and lightened flywheel + bigger intercooler + intake etc which will arrive in the coming weeks.

There are a few more parts I will get over the coming months such as forged pistons and rods. I'm aiming to have the build done by August/September this year. In saying that, Australia's Euro tuning scene at the moment is dominated by VW's and Audi's. It has been extremely difficult to find a tuner here in Queensland willing to touch the DS3. I've been to 7. There is no such thing as a Jamie from SP Tuning here. At all. Finding someone who knows their way around the MED17.4.4 ECU - also very difficult. Most told me to buy a faster car. Shat all over the engine. Or weren't keen on a build project for the car simply because they don't know Citroen's/Peugeot's and shoot you a perplexed look when you say you want to turn it into weapon. Even finding a workshop that knows what a walnut blast is has proven difficult. I have since found a couple of tuners who are a little more open to the build, but i'm still not confident in trusting them with tuning my car. I want someone to be as excited about it as I am and wants to get the best outcome for me and the car. The walnut blaster dude works for a shop which is associated with our V8 Supercars, so I think they might be the go. I have no idea the kinds of numbers the DS3 will produce with this kit and associated mods but it'll be great to see the end result. I'll start a build thread once the parts come in (mid-march).

Anyway, thanks for all the content and passion for these cars again. I've really appreciated it as the DS3 isn't really supported here in Australia. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my build over the coming weeks/months.

If you're on Insta you can find me @les_croissant_ds3

Cheers,

Tim
Working...
X