Pre FCS detail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre FCS detail!

So, I thought I'd jump on the pre FCS detailing band wagon and get mine done today. This was the first time I've done a full detail so I'm pretty happy with my efforts .

This is what it looked like before..

Not the worst it's ever looked, but pretty damn grubby.

I did the following:- Citrus pre wash applied then jet washed off twice, wheels cleaned using wheel woolies, BH Surfex applied to tyres using stiff brush, micro fiber wash mitt on the alloys and finally BH Korrosol used to remove any remaining iron contamination. Then I moved onto the body which was first treated with more Korrosol, before moving on to the lambs wool wash mitt, Meguirs Gold Class shampoo and 2BM. I then went over the body with a Farecla clay mitt and patted dry with a wooly mammoth. Then Meguiars Show Car Glaze was applied using a sponge applicator and buffed off with a microfiber cloth, after which I used Farecla G3 Super Gloss paste wax which came with a useful sponge applicator. It was all finished off with Poorboys wheel sealant applied to the alloys, Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing applied to the tyres, Meguiars metal polish on exhaust tip and topped off with an application of Sonax BSD all round.

It now looks like this!

Typically it just started raining as I was finishing!

Top job! Look forward to seeing it at the weekend!
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Looking good mate. Its true what they say tho if you put in the effort then you get the results 😃

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
        Looking good mate. Its true what they say tho if you put in the effort then you get the results ��

Mark
        Definitely! Took me the best part of 7 hours to complete, but it was worth it. Typically though I woke up this morning to find a nice big fresh dollop of bird crap on the roof :mad:.

Comment

I got told off for a quick clean of 5 hours on Saturday.....
          sigpic

Comment

That looks brand new now pal. Lots of great products used there, well done
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
              That looks brand new now pal. Lots of great products used there, well done
              Cheers Andy! Credit goes to you though, couldn't have done it without your guides and advice mate!

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                Cheers Andy! Credit goes to you though, couldn't have done it without your guides and advice mate!
                Gee shucks
                Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                Take a pride in your ride
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                X