DS3 Special Edition (White) - Cleaning Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Special Edition (White) - Cleaning Advice

Have never been one for taking great care of my second hand VW Bora I'd really like to make an effort and keep this new baby clean as the day I bought it.

I expect to be told to NEVER take into a car wash. I would like any advice from people with the white as to what I should buy to wash it and how to wash the black bits and the wheels? and also what to use for the interior dash.

I seem a bit stupid asking how to clean my car but I know there are some people who know exactly the right stuff to buy and what to do and what not to do.

Thanking you in advance.

:mad:
    Last edited by John S; 05-05-2011, 17:35.

Comment

I use Maguires to wash mine and it comes up like the day i recieved it. 30 mins with the sponge & a hose and job done. As for the interior i use a damp 'clean' micro fibre cloth. NEVER be tempted to go through the car wash. My mate went into one at Tesco the other week and was parked slightly off line. The result was a huge deep dent down one side of his Audi S3 ??

Jay.
      DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Also invest in one of those flimsy plastic water removers that the guys at those drive through wash's use. I got mine from Home Bargains for about £3.
        DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
          Also invest in one of those flimsy plastic water removers that the guys at those drive through wash's use. I got mine from Home Bargains for about £3.
          don't it'll get micro scratches all over it

Comment

Originally posted by nufoot View Post
            don't it'll get micro scratches all over it
            This! Please be very careful with them. If anything only use them for the windows!
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Prefer lambswool mit to a sponge which can trap grit etc.
              Drying with a large microfibre towel is so much quicker than leather.

Jimbob

Comment

For the love of Jesus Christ nailed to a cross DO NOT take your car through a car wash fella!

There have been several topics on cleaning, personally I'm a Dodo Juice fan, got a lot of their range, check out this post which goes into a bit more detail.

Comment

Been using this as well lately, really speeds up the drying process. Can't recommend Red Mist enough, it simply is the dogs bollocks. It's the chrome strip down the side that's the bugger, have to try and find something that'll let me get it back to it's natural shine.

Comment

Guy's pleeeeeeeeease, it's just a car. Your wife's would be very happy as you treat her with the same care.

Comment

Originally posted by Witte View Post
                      Guy's pleeeeeeeeease, it's just a car. Your wife's would be very happy as you treat her with the same care.
                      I do!

Comment

I get a man to do mine!

Comment

Your wife ?

Comment

Make sure you use the two bucket method. Soapy water (warm) in one bucket and just water in the other. Use a lambswool mit to avoid micro scratches. Dip mit in soapy water, wash car, rinse in clean water and repeat. you will be amazed how dirty the clean water gets and how clean the soapy water stays. The benefits are that you are not loading up the mit with "dirty" soapy water to scratch the car with. You can also invest in a foam lance for your pressure washer to loosen dried dirt first.

Look at detailingworld.co.uk for everything you ever wanted to know about cleaning and detailing cars.

My top products are:

Meguires All purpose cleaner.
                            Meguires Gold class car shampoo
                            Bilberry Alloy wheel cleaner concentrate.

The all purpose cleaner is a fantastic product that comes concentrated but can be used to clean loads of things from carpets to engine bays. Also very useful for household cleaning. Make sure you mix to the appropriate strength for what you are cleaning and always test on a small area first.

Check out this website. http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by yannickvanhex View Post
                              Your wife ?
                              Your wife !

Comment

Working...
                              X