meguires.any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meguires.any good?

Am thinking of try meguires products on my car as they are 3 for 2 at halfords.how good are they and does anyone recommend any other product.cheers

Meguiars are generally very good . In order to recommend products we'll need to know what level you want to take your cleaning to. For a very basic wash (but doing it properly!), you'll need a pre wash and garden pressure sprayer, a bucket with a grit guard (2 buckets would be even better as it allows you have one for rinsing out and one for cleaning), a lambs wool wash mitt, a decent shampoo and a drying towel.

The list of products needed goes up depending on how seriously you want to take it. If you look at this post by our resident detailers Rabid Racoon http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....l=1#post144748 you can see what you need and what to do for a basic wash .
    Last edited by mk2k41; 04-07-2014, 20:51.

Comment

Ive always found Meguiars pretty good TBH
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for the link.it is very helpful.definitely purchasing a lambs wool mitt and the pre wash foam.want to keep car as clean and swirl free for as long as possible.with guidance from you guys,and the obvious knowledge this club has shouldn't be to difficult

Comment

Megs is good, but I find them to be the Nike of the detailing world. People buy because of the name.

If I'm at Halfords with the 3 for 2 offer I always opt for auto glym. Bumper care is the best I have found for the skirts, splitter and mat black plastic on door and around the windscreen. AG fast glass is good too. Megs metal polish is good for exhaust though.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowbert View Post
            Thanks for the link.it is very helpful.definitely purchasing a lambs wool mitt and the pre wash foam.want to keep car as clean and swirl free for as long as possible.with guidance from you guys,and the obvious knowledge this club has shouldn't be to difficult
            That's good to hear . There's a lot of knowledge on here so don't be afraid to ask any questions .

Comment

Hi Bert

Every decent car cleaner/detailer has had or still has a Meguiars or Autoglym product in their collection.

From Halfords' Meguiars range, I would get these two products

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cle...ner-1-89-litre

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cle...-car-wash-mitt

And this for good luck to take advantage of the 3 for 2

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cle...detailer-500ml
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

If you want to keep the car swirl free for as long as possible- dont wash it.
                Believe me, use the wrong stuff and you put loadsa swirls on. And oh.... never use car washes , either automated of people ones
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                  The list of products needed goes up depending on how seriously you want to take it. If you look at this post by our resident detailer Rabid Racoon http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....l=1#post144748 you can see what you need and what to do for a basic wash .
                  Sit down, grab a brew and have a read.
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                    Megs is good, but I find them to be the Nike of the detailing world. People buy because of the name.

If I'm at Halfords with the 3 for 2 offer I always opt for auto glym. Bumper care is the best I have found for the skirts, splitter and mat black plastic on door and around the windscreen. AG fast glass is good too. Megs metal polish is good for exhaust though.
                    I have not tried the bumper care. Is it better than Fast Glass on all the matt black window surrounds etc?
                    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
                      I have not tried the bumper care. Is it better than Fast Glass on all the matt black window surrounds etc?
                      In my opinion it is. I have some photo on here somewhere of it before and after
                      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                        In my opinion it is. I have some photo on here somewhere of it before and after
                        Think I will add a bottle to my next 3 for 2 purchase then
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
                          Think I will add a bottle to my next 3 for 2 purchase then
                          Found the AG bumper care images.

Before

After

Comparison

My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Looks awesome thanks! Added to the list
                            sigpic

Comment

AG Bumper and Trim Gel is probably one of the better products along with SRP in the AG range.
                              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                              X