Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo through a foam lance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo through a foam lance?

Hi, so I have just started to buy a few bits to clean my new Ds3 Cabrio.

Decided on Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo and conditioner, Meguiar's water magnet microfibre drying towel and Meguiar's super thick microfibre wash mit.

Now my pressure washer comes with a low pressure gun so my question is can I put the Meguiar's gold shampoo in the gun to use it as a foamer?

Also is it ok to use it in the cabrio roof?

Many thanks
    Last edited by Catsandtrees; 05-04-2015, 19:57. Reason: cannot spell!

No, it wouldn't work. On the plus side though, it is one of the best shampoos out there . It's fine to use on the roof as well, though if I were you I'd look at getting a dedicated convertible roof cleaner and sealant to prolong it's life.

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
      No, it wouldn't work. On the plus side though, it is one of the best shampoos out there . It's fine to use on the roof as well, though if I were you I'd look at getting a dedicated convertible roof cleaner and sealant to prolong it's life.
      thank you. the seperate roof cleaner/sealant is already on my list.

Comment

Prepare to slowly get hooked by the way! Making your car pristine again is addictive...

Comment

And costly

Comment

If you used a dedicated snow foam, there is no reason you couldn't add a drop of the Megs to the foam to give it a bit more cleaning power.

For the roof, something as simple as an APC instead of a more expensive dedicated roof cleaner is much more economical. StarDrops for example from supermarkets is highly dilutable, very cheap and does a brilliant job. Use it with, dare I say it, a grout sponge.

For the roof, once it is dry, (with the money saved from not buying a dedicated roof cleaner) I would recommend applying GTechniq I1 which is a fabric guard and will make your roof in effect, extremely hydrophobic.
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Prepare to slowly get hooked by the way! Making your car pristine again is addictive...
              Originally posted by pmk View Post
              And costly
              I bet. I got 3 for 2 from Halfords for the items I have already purchased.

Originally posted by Clean Your Ride View Post
              If you used a dedicated snow foam, there is no reason you couldn't add a drop of the Megs to the foam to give it a bit more cleaning power.

For the roof, something as simple as an APC instead of a more expensive dedicated roof cleaner is much more economical. StarDrops for example from supermarkets is highly dilutable, very cheap and does a brilliant job. Use it with, dare I say it, a grout sponge.

For the roof, once it is dry, (with the money saved from not buying a dedicated roof cleaner) I would recommend applying GTechniq I1 which is a fabric guard and will make your roof in effect, extremely hydrophobic.
              GTechniq is already on my list after seeing the video of it. Looking forward to applying that.

The only snow foam type product I can find nearby at Halfords is Demon foam, but the reviews are not good and a car plan one.

Comment

Can you use Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo through a foam lance?

Originally posted by Catsandtrees View Post
                The only snow foam type product I can find nearby at Halfords is Demon foam, but the reviews are not good and a car plan one.
                Now if only there was a friendly place where you could buy a number of samples of different snowfoams from to test before buying a larger bottle?? [emoji23][emoji23]
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Your Ride View Post
                  Now if only there was a friendly place where you could buy a number of samples of different snowfoams from to test before buying a larger bottle?? [emoji23][emoji23]
                  I know, cannot find them anywhere !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catsandtrees View Post
                    I know, cannot find them anywhere !!!
                    Here are the ones I currently have available as samples. Perfect in a Snowfoam lance or a Mesto Foamer

@cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I used the Power Maxed Jet wash and wax on Sunday through my new mesto foamer. Very impressed is an understatement! Even though it was a hot day which reduced the cling time, it still cleared the vast majority of the crap off which meant I got away with a touchless wash. Topped off with Car Chem Wet coat and it's looking fantastic!

Comment

Excellent Combo buddy. IMO JetWash and Wax is even better than my 2014 product of the year PM TFR and that is saying something
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Well I have purchased some Yellow Magifoam which should hopefully arrive tomorrow. Going to start with a jet wash, then Magifoam for 30 mins then rinse, then wash with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo and conditioner, then rinse and towel dry. Not sure what to finish with though but it needs to be something I can get from Halfords as want to wash it tomorrow.

Comment

30 mins is a long time to leave it dwelling, it'll all be gone by then and you'll be left with horrible white water marks all over it. Got to be a bit careful how long you leave snow foams on when it's warm as it reduces the cling time quite considerably. 5 minutes is around the ideal time .

The Farecla G3 body shop detailer is an excellent quick detailer, and can be bought from Halfords .

Comment

30 mins is a long time to leave it dwelling, it'll all be gone by then and you'll be left with horrible white water marks all over it. Got to be a bit careful how long you leave snow foams on when it's warm as it reduces the cling time quite considerably. 5 minutes is around the ideal time .

The Farecla G3 body shop detailer is an excellent quick detailer, and can be bought from Halfords .
                              Duly noted and thanks for the suggestion. Will take a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X