No announcement yet.

Anything special I need for a white ds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything special I need for a white ds?

Ok so I'm building up my cleaning kit. Got snow foam and shampoo, mits, cloths etc. Next on my list will be clay kit and wax and roof protector as mines a cabrio. I will be getting Gtechniq I1 for the roof, just wondered if there is a wax better suited to white cars as I have noticed a lot seem to be for darker cars.

Thanks in advance.

I use quite a wide selection on mine. I think my favourite has been Angelwax Desirable, though there are a lot of other decent ones out there. Another one I'm a fan of, especially in winter, is Collinite 476S. That's a hard wearing wax that will last a good 6 months, but still produces a good shine and beading. I've still got stacks of waxes that I need to test out, but haven't got round to...

I'd recommend a clay mitt rather than a clay bar. Halfords sell the Farecla G3 clay mitt, which is a fantastic piece of kit. It halves the time it takes to clay a car and is much simpler to use, as you just use it like a normal wash mitt.

Comment

Comment

Do you use the clay mitt with the detailing spray (as the instructions suggest) or with the shampoo instead of the wash mitt ? I had mixed results with the detailing spray but I think that it's probably my error as everyone raves about the mitt
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
          I use quite a wide selection on mine. I think my favourite has been Angelwax Desirable, though there are a lot of other decent ones out there. Another one I'm a fan of, especially in winter, is Collinite 476S. That's a hard wearing wax that will last a good 6 months, but still produces a good shine and beading. I've still got stacks of waxes that I need to test out, but haven't got round to...

I'd recommend a clay mitt rather than a clay bar. Halfords sell the Farecla G3 clay mitt, which is a fantastic piece of kit. It halves the time it takes to clay a car and is much simpler to use, as you just use it like a normal wash mitt.
          Thanks, I'll take a look.

Originally posted by pmk View Post
          Yes this is the same one I am getting.

Comment

Tar remover
            Patience
            Sunglasses for the snow blindness

Dodo Juice light fantastic is a good hard wax.
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              Do you use the clay mitt with the detailing spray (as the instructions suggest) or with the shampoo instead of the wash mitt ? I had mixed results with the detailing spray but I think that it's probably my error as everyone raves about the mitt
              I used the spray and thought it was great (though I should add a disclaimer that I didn't really care about my old cars as much so had never clayed a car before) worked really well. I've got the G3 turbo detailer I think, whatever it says on the instructions on the mitt anyway!
              Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
              Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                Tar remover
                Patience
                Sunglasses for the snow blindness

Dodo Juice light fantastic is a good hard wax.
                Tar remover now added,
                Patience, time will tell
                Sunglasses, check

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I use the mitt with shampoo, and just use it like I do my main wash mitt. All I do is dunk it in once to load it with water, run the cloth side over where I'm working then just flip it over and use the clay side.

Comment

When preparing for a white DS, there are a few considerations to keep in mind. Firstly, maintenance is crucial, as white devices tend to show dirt and smudges more prominently. Here you can get oakley lens replacement and learn more new things about the lens. A microfiber cloth is handy for keeping it clean. Additionally, a protective case can prevent discoloration or damage. Lastly, ensure a clean, well-lit environment for optimal screen visibility, as white devices may reflect more light.

Comment

Working...
                    X