No announcement yet.

Help bringing doorboards back to life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help bringing doorboards back to life!

Hi all!

My car got some nasty looking doorboards and interior plastic trim.

The stains have been there since I got the car back in December, an I've tried Meguairs APC with no good result.

Anybody have any idea how I bring the plastic back to black?

Does look quite nasty that. I would first off try something like Autoglym Rubber and Bumper care.
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Is that bleach ? Was someone murdered in your car ?

You could try sending Wayne at PowerMaxed a PM and see if he has any recommendations to treat those marks
      sigpic

Comment

Too much in-car romance is my guess!

JB

Comment

Oh... dna silly string ??
          Yuk
          sigpic

Comment

I have no idea of what happend. A guess could be the detailer where i've bought the car had no idea of what he was doing, but it sure looks like s**t.

Comment

I'd send Andy at Clean Your Ride (forum member) a Private Message and ask him to take a look at it as well
              sigpic

Comment

I would recommend using a strong dilution ratio of an APC using a brush to really scrub the plastic then wipe with a dampened mf cloth. Allow to dry then you would be best trying a trim dressing like this one I have just taken on board which has been developed in association with Audi for their interior plastics.
                Apply to the cloth then wipe onto the plastic. Do not spray onto plastic then wipe with a cloth

Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                Take a pride in your ride
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I've tried with Chemical Guys Natural Look Dressing, and this is the result:

Before:

After:

So far, i'm very pleased with the product. I'm excited to see how long it will last.

Comment

Working...
                  X