Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Blue DS3 detailing advice

Hi guys first post here so bare with me

Recently got ds3 and I love it. Electric blue.

Gave it its first external detail Saturday with this method

Megs nzxt shampoo
    Megs clay bar
    Megs ultimate polish
    Mega nzxt tec2 wax

Anything else I should be doing?

I have noticed what can only be described as laquer flaking of the alloys (black). Is this normal.

Next question are there any guides for doing the inside as I plan on tackling that this week

Thanks

Caddie

Welcome to the club

Which blue is it? Do you have a pic?

Corroding alloys are a common failure, if you're still under warranty, get it to the dealer and they should replace them.

I'm sure someone else will be along to help with your detailing.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Like BeefMasta said, I'm sure someone will be along with detailing advice soon!
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	359632

This the Beauty. 1.6 E-HDI 115 DSPORT AIRDREAM love it. Cant get to the claimed 74 combined mpg yet tho, its just too much fun with the right foot!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caddie View Post
          This the Beauty. 1.6 E-HDI 115 DSPORT AIRDREAM love it. Cant get to the claimed 74 combined mpg yet tho, its just too much fun with the right foot!!!!
          The Citroen colour name is Belle-ile Blue, and I agree, it's lovely!
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I has lacquer coming off just one of bellones and citreon replaced the whole wheel no questions asked

Comment

Originally posted by Caddie View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11362[/ATTACH]

Looks lovely
              Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
              Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Welcome to the club! Lovely colour as well .

There's so much you can do when washing that the list really is endless. If you're just after a few extra things you can do to enhance your standard wash then I would look at adding tyre and trim dressing, glass cleaner and a quick detailer. Properly dressed tyres and trim really finish off the look, and if it's not done it can ruin all the hard work you've put in on the rest of the bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for kind comments

I've dressed the tyres
                  But not done anything with the alloys apart from the wash. Any recommendations?
                  Trim wise any suggested products? What do you do with the stuff on the a pillar (windscreen). It's a weird type of plastic

Any products for interior. The dash and the gloss scares me ��

Comment

When I do my alloys I use a dedicated wheel cleaner (Power Maxed Frequent use alloy cleaner) and iron fall out remover (Bilt Hamber Korossol) first, then clean them using wheel woolies to get right behind the spokes. A tar remover (Auto Finesse Oblitarate) is also useful for doing the wheels as they can pick up a lot of tar and other crap from the road. After that you could look at applying a suitable wax to seal them. You'd have to use a high temperature wax, such as FKP 1000, or another dedicated wheel sealant though. I use Sonax Xtreme Wheels personally, I don't have any problems with it and it's simple to apply .

As for trim, I use a product callled Obsession Wax Nero. It can also be used on tyres, so it's a great all in one product. Again, very easy to use as well . It leaves a nice gloss finish and last for a good month or two.

Interior wise I use Madcow Mango Sauce on all the plastics (including the dash). It's an interior cleaner and detailer so it's suitable for all interior plastics.

Comment

The forum search function can be your friend. Don't be scared.
                      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                      Take a pride in your ride
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                      X