Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Cleaning/waxing ds3 with jigsaw graphic roof!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Cleaning/waxing ds3 with jigsaw graphic roof!

Hi, bought my white ds3 with a funky jigsaw roof last week. It need a clean but I'm wondering what I do about the stickers on the roof. I'm going to be using auto glym shampoo to clean then the SRP but do I leave out the stickers and try to polish round them?? Will finish off with extra gloss polish then HD wax but do I wax the stickers??? Help!!!

I have a partial checkerboard roof, and I polish around it. As you have a pattern on your whole roof, it will probably be better to just use wax. You can put any wax or sealant over the top of the graphics though.
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Andy (Clean Your Ride) will be able to help with this, he normally comes into the forum later in the day once he's recovered from sniffing all his cleaning products lol
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks soren, so the wax won't discolour the white graphic stickers? I'm scared they might go yellow over time.

Comment

Hi fellow Jigsaw roofer :-) .... mines in red on a black roof, what colours yours. Get some piccies up of yours, shame u r so far away

Polish the non vinyl bits only, me.
          Wont use a DA polisher on roof either, as if you touch the vinyl it scratches it up

So the roof doesn't get polished a lot. ;-)

Think I have waxed it tho

Last edited by Chris_Blue; 13-07-2015, 13:35.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris, looks awsome in red. My ds3 is white with a black roof. Will try and get some photos up. Cant seem to be able to do it on my tablet so gonna have to use daughters laptop! ( if she let's me!) Lol I did up a post up on the Facebook page with pics.
            So no polish on the roof then or got to be careful if I do. Thanks

Comment

Advice Cleaning/waxing ds3 with jigsaw graphic roof!

Hi Jigsaw. Finally finished sniffing all my products for the day so time to offer my two penneth.
              Firstly there is no problem at all using AG Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo on the roof graphics. It's not a great foaming shampoo so be careful with your wash media on the stickers to ensure you don't catch any of the corners of the jigsaw. Take your time, there is no rush.
              As Dave says about not using a polish, the SRP has a very slight cut to it so don't be adding this to the stickers. Adding a wax or a sealant over the top of the stickers will not discolour them but will in fact protect them. Just be careful not to leave the wax to cure too long as you don't want to have to rub too hard to buff off. A sealant would be my recommendation on the roof in your situation.
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

go for it Jigsaw- post a photi :-)

Wasn't there a film called Jigsaw...........
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  go for it Jigsaw- post a photi :-)

Wasn't there a film called Jigsaw...........
                  I thought Jigsaw was the creepy kid on the scooter in the Saw films hahah.

Comment

wasn't the first Saw film called Jigsaw?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I don't believe so, could be wrong.

I just thought Jigsaw was the creepy kid/man.
                      Last edited by Mike_; 14-08-2015, 10:33.

Comment

Comment

Comment

How did you get on with the advice?

I apply a soft wax over my decals, and brings out the colours really nicely
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Waxed over the top of the graphics, came out lovely and shiny. Tho some of the white jigsaw edges seem to already discoloured. Wondering what might clean them up? Think I'm just being extra fussy. I do seem to have developed OCD with having a white car! Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X