Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you take a DSport through a car wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you take a DSport through a car wash?

Question is in the subject. I'm thinking that a car wash will knacker the spoiler. I had a look at one in the showroom and it seemed fairly firmly fixed on but has anyone taken a DSport through a car wash?

MK

Personally I wouldn't risk it, its not just the spoiler that's at risk, there are also chrome trims that car-washes can easily remove , and any graphics on the car are also at risk

Comment

Zack takes his through a car wash.

I would NOT recommend doing so, not only do you run the risk of it doing damage to the spoiler but without a shadow of a doubt you're gonna ruin the paintwork over time.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Take Mine Through Usually Twice A Week...

Never Lost Any Spoilers Or Chrome Trims...

Comment

makes swirl marks on the paint!

Comment

No No No!

Wash it by hand............you know it deserves it!

Jimbob

Comment

Wash it by hand, saves any mishaps

Comment

*Face Palm* why would you spend over £15,000 on a car and then put it thought a £6 car wash!!! Noooo!!!! Treat your DS3 with the love it deserves and wash it by hand!!

I'm a lazy sod who used to use a car wash with my old Fiesta and finally saw the damage it made to the paintwork! Now I just get off my butt and wash it....Or smile nicely at Biggie so he can wash it!!

Comment

Yup wash it.
                  Use a proper woollen wash mitt and then dry with a micro-fibre drying towel.
                  Never use a chamois, just as bad as using a car wash.

Comment

Agreed - hand wash all the way!

Check out this post for more details on how to treat your car to a propa wash!

Comment

I Might Stop Putting It Through A Car Wash...

After Liam Pointed Out To Me The Swirls + Scratches On My Mirrors >.<

Comment

If you really CBA to wash it yourself, go to your local jetwash, wash etc, then go home and chamois dry/polish/wax it yourself.

Here's a pic of my C2 that I had for 2 years from new that never went near a carwash

Comment

Amateurs.

It deserves this sort of treatment at least once per week.

Comment

Life's just a bit too short for this!!!!!

Jimbob

Comment

Bloody hell somebody wake me up please, like watching Dancing on Ice but without the Dance Off!! and after all that, the bonnet is rubbish in the pics and it's still a VAUXHALL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X