X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any guesses??

Morning,
    So....another problem with my 90.
    I clayed it a few weeks ago, to make those scratches super sleek. Polished it with tough coat prep from Auto Finesse and sealed with Tough coat itself. Anyway, I digress, I noticed these orange peel-esk type markings after claying, they seemed to vanish after polishing, however, they have come back. I haven't deep cleaned it for a few weeks now and I put all the products on by hand. Any guesses as to what this defect could be? I'm slightly baffled.
    Photos aren't coming up, i#ll upload them through Tapatalk
    Cheers me dears!
    Knock Knock?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Knock Knock?

Comment

If I'm honest it looks like the wax protection that comes on the cars when they are new but it is hard to tell from the pictures. Us dealers use a special de protection fluid to remove this stuff but others might have an over the counter suggestion.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Dust and water?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          Dust and water?
          I was thinking the same, looks like it rained, then was windy and blew dust all over the wet car. Used to happen a lot at my previous place.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
            I was thinking the same, looks like it rained, then was windy and blew dust all over the wet car. Used to happen a lot at my previous place.
            The cars 2010, never seen this before, literally all over the car, funnily enough it only occured after using Carbon Collective clay mitt for the first time. Used as per the instructions, break it in over the windows, (did this twice) then 2 new buckets to wash and rinse, clayed, rinsed, dried, polished, sealed. nothing I havent done before. Have a feeling it could be the CC mitt? I'll try and get better pics later tonight.
            Knock Knock?

Comment

Have you tried some SRP in a small area to see if that clears it?

Might be worth asking Andy @ CYR for some help too.
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Nope but I did put some AF Tripple on a panel too to test it out, and it also helped, but I think it may just need a good machine polish to correct. But in hindsight, everything may be getting a respray anyway! :0)
                Knock Knock?

Comment

Looks just like water marks think wtf is right try some srp

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

i don't understand how they appeared as I don't leave the water sitting, I dry it straight away. Can it be caused by rain on unsealed paint?
                    Knock Knock?

Comment

Originally posted by liamlazenby View Post
                      i don't understand how they appeared as I don't leave the water sitting, I dry it straight away. Can it be caused by rain on unsealed paint?
                      Rain/condensation. Have the same issue with my car, with it being black I've just learned to live with it -_-.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Its annoying as hell as I'm slightly ocd, I'll have to get the polish out and make the scratches a bit shinier before FCS.
                        Knock Knock?

Comment

Working...
                        X