Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyre dressing that doesn't end up over my paint work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre dressing that doesn't end up over my paint work!!!

Hi

I am looking for a decent wet look tyre dressing that doesn't take an age to dry and/or spray over my paint work. I am working my way through a bottle of chemical guys wet look tyre dressing. I am aware this maybe down to my own generosity whilst applying but didn't have this problem with the team rhubarb and custard/mad cow product. Are there any other recommendations please?

I've only used Meguiars and I never had it end up on the bodywork.

Comment

less is more and just build it up? reapply after an hour or so?
      Knock Knock?

Comment

Don't use so much! It's the overspill and then driving too soon after it's applied that causes it to go up the side of your car.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

I use Sonax Xtreme Tyre Gloss Gel and it does wonders... it also comes with an applicator sponge, it's very easy to apply and the results are amazing, it also states that it protects rubber from cracking and fading....

http://www.sonax.com/Products/Xtreme...Tyre-Gloss-Gel

Cheers
          DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
            I've only used Meguiars and I never had it end up on the bodywork.
            I use the same, follow the instructions and it's been perfect
            sigpic

Comment

I use AG stuff which is matt, with a Megs applicator - and I spray the applicator sponge and apply that, ie not spray the tyre itself, which it sounds like they way you are doing it?

Comment

Working...
              X