Cleaning regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning regime

Im interested to know what everyones cleaning regime is? Mines pretty regid:

Every 3-4 months the bodywork gets a wash polish and wax, then every 4-5 weeks I give it a clean and coat of Sonax BSD (I dont do many miles).

Interior gets a good clean every 3-4 months, leather properly cleaned and mats shampoo'd, etc and it gets a quick going over ever 4-5 weeks.

Whenever I clean I always rinse the car first, apply a TFR, rinse, wash, rinse and dry. 2 bucket method. The wheels get a good clean with wheel woolies every wash and I apply a fresh coat of rain-x.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Every 2 weeks I jetwash. Cba to polish. Sometimes gets a wax if I'm feeling generous.

Thing is, living by the sea, the rain is very dirty and salty. A single shower will leave marks all over the car so there's no point being rigorous in cleaning. Yeah, wax makes nice droplets, but then the water evaporates and leaves salt dust everywhere :/
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Every couple of months drive half a mile, give the East Europeans a fiver, job done.

Comment

^^^ used to do that until I got lots of stick-on bits. They kept pulling the edges up so unfortunately I have to do it now
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Rinse, snowfoam, 2 bucket method shampoo, rinse, dry.

If I can be bothered, I'll polish. And every 6 months I wax and seal. In the summer months I usually add clay bar into the standard too, but then i have to wax too.
          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

once a year throw a bucket of water on it
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Timberflake View Post
              Im interested to know what everyones cleaning regime is? Mines pretty regid:

Every 3-4 months the bodywork gets a wash polish and wax, then every 4-5 weeks I give it a clean and coat of Sonax BSD (I dont do many miles).

Interior gets a good clean every 3-4 months, leather properly cleaned and mats shampoo'd, etc and it gets a quick going over ever 4-5 weeks.

Whenever I clean I always rinse the car first, apply a TFR, rinse, wash, rinse and dry. 2 bucket method. The wheels get a good clean with wheel woolies every wash and I apply a fresh coat of rain-x.

Most cleaning regimes last about as long as the novelty of the car does unfortunately.. You will be pleased to hear i still wax mine and polish it with SRP regularly. Regularly as in twice a year at best :/
              I do use the jetwas a lot though and a bucket and sponge with car shampoo...
              Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
              E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                Most cleaning regimes last about as long as the novelty of the car does unfortunately.. You will be pleased to hear i still wax mine and polish it with SRP regularly. Regularly as in twice a year at best :/
                I do use the jetwas a lot though and a bucket and sponge with car shampoo...
                I must be the exception to that rule! I may let a was slip by a week or so if Im busy, but I always get it in even if it means working from home and doing betwesn work!

Comment

Wet wipe the bird poo off as and when required, if it's lucky I put it through the car wash

Comment

If I get time every weekend snow foam wash dry and if it's a nice day a drop of polish.

Comment

Working...
                    X