Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Hub Rust

Hi guys.
    Just noticed when I was washing my car today that my rear wheel hubs are getting very rusty.
    I've only had the car since June 2016 (from brand new) so I'm thinking it's a bit soon for them to rust?
    Anyone had this happen?
    I don't want to be running back to Citroën and look like a nit picker (even though I really am lol).

Also both front window wipers are rusted at the pivot ...after googling it looks like this part will be replaced with the wiper blade...but again I wouldn't have expected rust this soon.

Anyone else had these issues?

Thanks
    L

Wheel hubs do get affected by rust pretty quickly. It is normal. Brake discs even quicker, sometimes just a day or 2, but when they are used again the surface rust goes

Theres nothing wrong with popping into your local dealer and asking the question, they wont bite your head off. They should be helpful

If car is out of warranty, a good wire brushing to get surface rust off, some people even paint the hubs. Have some copper grease to smear around, but otherwise its normal.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

These are common issues, the pivot and the hubs are subject to the environment and day to day wear. Neither item would be covered under warranty as there is nothing wrong with the parts.

It boils down to a cosmetic thing more than anything else.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm intending to clean the hubs on my car (which replaced the DS3) in the spring and paint them in suitable rust/heat proof paint as the wheels have large gaps in the design which makes the rust quite obvious.

No issues with the wiper arms/bolts on the new car but I did have it on the DS3 and like Biggie said it's a cosmetic thing so I wouldn't have expected the warranty to cover it.
        sigpic

Comment

I use THIS on the disc hubs, and calipers twice a year when I'm swapping summer/winter wheels. seems to work
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Working...
          X