Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver door trim looks milky :0(

Hi everyone,

Only had my car a few months now and noticed the silver door trim has gone a bit milky and just won't clean up and look shiny :0(

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise. What have you been cleaning it with previously? A decent car shampoo shouldn't leave any "milky" marks. Have you buffed it up (once it's dry) with a clean dry microfibre cloth and a good helping of elbow grease?
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Is the issue with the chrome baguettes on the side of the car? If so, we've had good results using Autoglym Super Resin Polish and a bit of elbow grease on ours: https://www.autoglym.com/super-resin-polish
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
        Is the issue with the chrome baguettes on the side of the car? If so, we've had good results using Autoglym Super Resin Polish and a bit of elbow grease on ours: https://www.autoglym.com/super-resin-polish
        Agreed with Kat. I use this too!!
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Sounds like to me that you may have a defect on the piece where water has penetrated under the laquer, this causes the "milky" effect you described. First off do try the suggestions above including using a clay bar (which always works for me) to eliminate any doubt that it's a cleaning issue and then go see your dealer about a replacement trim.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X