Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie post Safeguard vs sealant vs wax

Hi all,

Im hoping to pick up a 14plate ds3 from a Citroen dealership in a week or so if everything goes to plan.
    As this is my first decent car i want to look after it properly, although i know in reality i won't be cleaning
    every or every other week!

The first thing id like to ask is that ive been offerred the scotts safegaurd interior and extior protection,
    with a lifetimes guarentee for tar, bird lime ect.
    Is this something i should even consider or should i follow the logic that there are better products out
    there for less that i can apply with more care and that this is a bit of a rip off?
    RRP £400 but suggested i could get a lot off, it wasnt a hard sell.

The second question ive got is, as someone who knows nothing about cleaning cars only that im not
    going to invest loads of time cleaning my car, what would people recommend using a sealant system or wax?
    (I dont really know anything about either method only what ive read on this site?

Im hoping to get away with doing a "proper job" every 6 months or so?! And just do a regular clear in between,
    the thing is my car will spend most of its day sitting next to industrial aircon units that throw up a lot of dust
    and i want to give it the best protection possible considering the amount of time i can put in?

For general cleaning ive sort of peiced this method together from all your advice?
    Rinse with pressure washer
    Use garden pressure sprayer with snow/prewash solution (planning on doing this on bfs drive as dont trust
    myself not to snow next doors garden with the pressure snow system!
    Rinse
    Use microfiber mit/wool to wash using the 2bm (another thing i never knew)
    Rinse
    Pat dry with microfibre towels

Then this is where it gets complicated if i need to do a proper job im considering
    using the clay mit with soap method
    then possibly the special iorn off tar off sprays

but then i have no idea what should i do next to polish and protect??

Is there a lazy girls option out there waiting for me?

Thanks for reading

Originally posted by Lauralou View Post
    Is there a lazy girls option out there waiting for me?

Thanks for reading
    Sure, pay someone else to do it.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
    X