Machine Polishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Polishers

Okay guys I am looking to buy a dual action machine polisher. Before going to buy one I'd like to get some input from yourselves on which one you have used,recommend and why?

Autobrite Direct is only a 5 minute drive for me and before splashing around £160 on one of there's it would be nice to see if there are any other options that are cheaper and better?

Much appreciated

Ash.
    Ash Dayson
    1.6 DStyle
    Black

Machine polisher? As in to buff up the paintwork on your :ds3: to make it shiny? If so, I wouldn't bother as the paintwork on them is so soft, you may end up making huge swirls which you then can't get out. Personally I use the Funky3000 polisher. It's called my arm, some decent AutoGlym wax and several microfibre cloths!!

Edit: Much cheaper for me too
    Last edited by Funky; 11-04-2017, 16:30.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
      Machine polisher? As in to buff up the paintwork on your :ds3: to make it shiny? If so, I wouldn't bother as the paintwork on them is so soft, you may end up making huge swirls which you then can't get out. Personally I use the Funky3000 polisher. It's called my arm, some decent AutoGlym wax and several microfibre cloths!!

Edit: Much cheaper for me too
      Well this is why I came up with the idea of buying one as I waxed and polished my car with the AshMk1 dual action arm polisher however by the end of this it had seemed to stop working. I mean I could spend £10/month on gym membership which would work out cheaper.

On a serious note I did not know that the paint was like that so thanks for the advice
      Ash Dayson
      1.6 DStyle
      Black

Comment

I don't actually know if anyone has experienced big swirls in the paintwork after using one, but I do know from reading this forum that the paint is incredibly soft and so as much care as possible is needed when cleaning and polishing. The last thing you want are big circle swirls all over your treasured bodywork. Buff the car yourself and get yourself buff doing it!!!
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Mine had a fair few swirls in the paint, really is v soft paint, but that wasn't from machine polishing. Seems even two bucket cleans with a lambswool mitt couldn't stop those
          sigpic

Comment

Got my Kestrel for around £80, only ever used it once, maybe twice. My advice, unless your gonna use it a lot then dont spend loadsa cash
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Maybe have a look on detailingworld.co. uk. Ask them the same questions. There are some very experienced detailers on there.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys I'll give it a go on detailers world see what they think. And Chris i'll give you DM once I've dug into it the situation. Thanks again
                Ash Dayson
                1.6 DStyle
                Black

Comment

Get yourself a DAS 6 Pro, cheap but really good for the money. Get over to detailing world and pick up some discount codes too. They usually have them discounted through a group buy. You won't need anything harsh for the DS3 paint, literally swirl correction with a hex logic pad will get you sparkling.

I used mine mainly for glaze application and maybe twice a year for a good clean up

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

If Autobrite is near you, pop down and book yourself on one of their detailing courses with Clive P, you'll learn everything you need to know about polishing. He used to be an active member on here, he's detailed both my DS3s, is a good friend of Mark (owner of Autobrite) and really knows his stuff.
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I went for a Costco special, £20 for the mechanical buffer and £10 for 3L of Mer super polish and it's been good to me, if you don't like it you've only sunk £20 into it and the polish is still decent, might be worth investing in a air blower/dryer for the harder to get places i.e. The sills and lights as when buffing after a clean they gave me agro with water and soap putting lines into the polish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DS3_DAN View Post
                        I went for a Costco special, £20 for the mechanical buffer and £10 for 3L of Mer super polish and it's been good to me, if you don't like it you've only sunk £20 into it and the polish is still decent, might be worth investing in a air blower/dryer for the harder to get places i.e. The sills and lights as when buffing after a clean they gave me agro with water and soap putting lines into the polish

Is this in Costco atm?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe so, I'm not sure every Costco stock the same thing tho, I know it's in the one in Southampton

Comment

I might go up there later and take a look then.. . Need to pick up some Easter eggs anyway.

Comment

Also on a Costco note... if you're not happy you can just return it.

Comment

Working...
                              X