Question - Polishing when you've got decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Polishing when you've got decals

I know plenty of people on here have got nice stickers on their cars so I'm hoping for some tips. When I polish and wax my ruby red, I end up with a white line around my black stickers. Obviously, I can painstakingly go round afterwards and niggle the edges clean but I wondered if anyone has any little tips or tricks to save me having to do this. I've come across people talking about taping them but I'm not sure I like that idea, unless anyone can give me a recommendation on it.
    Thanks.
    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

I don't polish or wax except for liquid wax when washing it (I'm not a keen detailer and white doesn't show scratches luckily), but I'd think that always wiping from the vinyl to the paintwork should avoid too much getting caught in the raised lip, as opposed to wiping from paint to vinyl if you get what I mean.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      I don't polish or wax except for liquid wax when washing it (I'm not a keen detailer and white doesn't show scratches luckily), but I'd think that always wiping from the vinyl to the paintwork should avoid too much getting caught in the raised lip, as opposed to wiping from paint to vinyl if you get what I mean.
      Yep, know what you mean. It's worth a try.
      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Yeah always the chance you will get fluff from your micro fibre cloths trapped in the vinyl edge

Comment

If my car had lots of stickers (only has two just in front of the rear wheels on the bottom panel) I'd avoid polish around them.... Mainly because of the white lines but also I don't want to risk damaging them.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X