Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Pillar Dirt/Fading??

Hey Guys!

Don't know if you can see from the photo but my A-Pillar has got some ground-in dirt which i can sort of scrap off with my nail.
    What's the best thing to clean this off with? It doesn't budge with black to black etc. Ignore the fading on my door plastic, I have used some Bumper and Trim Gel on that since and it looks awesome now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18405973_1674948382518508_1153976908_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	368498

Was the gel the Auto Glym one?

I've found this shifts marks left on the splitters/trim.

As for cleaning the edge, I'd say something you can leave to sit and dwell for a bit, so traffic film remover (TFR) and may ba toothbrush to aggravate out a bit? It's at a bit of an angle, so you'd need something you can get right in on the area.

Also try some glass cleaner - odd I know, but I've been advised to clean my matt decals with glass cleaner. Then dry and apply the Bumper restore. The back to black is a but naff imo. Could wrap a credit card in a micro fibre for the thinner harder to reach area.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

hmm... I shall give it a go! Yes, it was the Auto Glym one.

Comment

Yeah, I find that lifts dirt as well as bringing the black up nicely.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'd recommend diluting an APC, spray it on then agitate in with a detailing brush. Excellent examples are from Gtechniq, KKD and PowerMaxed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
          X