No announcement yet.

Car wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get the nasty smell of car wax off my hands!!! It smells like shoe polish gone wrong!!!! I've washed my hands with soap like 5 times already!!!! What else can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewC View Post
      How do I get the nasty smell of car wax off my hands!!! It smells like shoe polish gone wrong!!!! I've washed my hands with soap like 5 times already!!!! What else can I do?
      Use washing up liquid, in future wear silicon gloves, or try and wax the car not your hands

Comment

You want some SHINE?! :cool:

Dodo Juice - Purple Haze on my old C2...

It's a bitch to apply but it left a ridiculous shine on the Iron Grey.

Not had chance to try it on the DS3 but I don't know if it's a good idea to use on the white...
        Last edited by THP; 17-06-2011, 21:57.
        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Almost as shiny as my C2 was

Comment

Pfft, no comparison

Also, is EVERYONE on here an ex-C2 owner lol
            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

1.1 SX in 2005 for me, had a few cars since but back to Citroen . And I'm liking the shines in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                Pfft, no comparison

Also, is EVERYONE on here an ex-C2 owner lol
                I think there's quite a majority of ex C2 owners here yes

Comment

No I was a mini driver

And before a van man

And before a Vxr

And before a vectra

And before a golf

And before a punto

And before a corsa

5 years worth of cars -.-
                  sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                  Third time around.
                  Work in Progress

Comment

Somones been a busy boy, I thought I was bad with 6 cars in 7 years

Comment

Over 8 years I've had a 2000 Saxo Desire, 2008 C2 Code then 2011 DS3 150. Third car...third Citroen, making my way up the spec list.
                      Last edited by THP; 20-06-2011, 17:45.
                      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

tried this today worked a treat after washing drying. Turtle Wax Platinum Series Protective Extra Gloss goes on easy. buff's off just as easy too and running my hand over it after was like running it over glass nice and smoooth
                        e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                        Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Collinite All the way , 3 weeks on still beading like it went on yesterday ! (that's on the fiancées polo still waiting for our ds3 had to practice using my new stuff !!)

Comment

Hi,

Colinite will last you a lifetime! 4-6 months beading if you want! With my cleaning OCD I can't bear waiting for a wax to wear out, so feel the need to re-wax frequently, but seriously Colinite has to be the longest durability wax (as opposed to sealant) in the world.

Regards,
                            Clive.
                            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I got some Colinite insulator wax the other day but not sure if its the right one, what one do you use?
                              Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

Colinite 476 is one I use shallow white tin with red writing on :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X