Damn chips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn chips!

I'm quite anally retentive with my car, you put that much money into it and you will make damn sure no harm comes to it. I've seen what some members have been through and feel for them, and this is nowhere near as bad but the car is less than a month old and I'm pretty pissed right now.

The car goes on display for IBMs 100yr celebrations at Hursley tomorrow (I work there). Around the rain I'm trying to wash/wax it. Just finished washing/drying and hopefully it doesn't rain overnight so I can get it waxed tomorrow morning. Whilst doing this I noticed two chips on the bumper (not so annoying as plastic) and one on the bonnet (damn annoying).

The two pics that look the same are the bonnet one, the other is one of the bumper ones. Not really sure how either, I park at the far end of car parks, make sure anyone near it is careful. Only reasoning I can think is I have to park on the street (albeit a quiet one and it's outside our house most of the time), or a stone chip but why three in less then a month! Any ideas how to sort these?
    Attached Files
    DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Touch up pen to fill the chip, leave a good few hours then AG SRP and a lot of elbow grease

Comment

I have them on my bumper, bonnet and roof *winning*

No ideas though! Just thought I'd let you know about mine!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

i just have 2 on my bumper..... Just ignore them xF
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bird Poo View Post
          or a stone chip but why three in less then a month!
          Stone chips are part and parcel of driving on roads made up of stones. Your lucks either in or out. The only thing to do is perhaps touch up paint, they look really tiny in the pics, but once you know they are there then you see them all the time. get a good touch up firm to do it if it really is annoying you. But you may drive away and immediately get another 10 yards down the road.

Comment

I Know They Look Chavy But You Called Always Get A Bonnet Bra / Mask...

*Waits For The Bra Related Jokes*

Comment

Haha I would never put a car bra on lol

Just seemed odd, my Saxo had none on the roof/bonnet, a few marks on the bumper mind but that was a 10yr old car. I had to look up what AG SRP was at first, I do happen to have that and a touch up pen is probably a good investment so when I get back this evening I will give Halfords a look and see what can be found.
              DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

Working...
              X