Cleaning your baby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your baby...

I gave my beauty a good scrub at the weekend but didn't use anything special on it, well apart from the last drop of Demon Shine.

Just wondering, how are you lot going to keep that sparkle alive when it comes to giving your vroomers a good ole spit and polish? I've just ordered some Dodo Juice shampoo and Red Mist, should arrive tomorrow and gonna give that a whack on and see how the shine goes. Have a mate who swears by Carnauba Wax for the ultimate shine though.

Any pointers/suggestions?

ps. Used this site to buy the stuff, cheap enough compared to others: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

Here's the stuff I've ordered...
    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/do.../prod_587.html
    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/do.../prod_541.html

And recommended this one: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/r2.../prod_357.html, from the comments this looks like it is very good mind!

Im using the GardX stuff i got with the platinum pack. Ive been using GardX for many years now, and think it does what it says. Some people say that stuff dont work but i swear by it.

Comment

Crikey, that looks a touch on the pricey side! How much is the platinum pack?

One thing I've always hated cleaning is the fecking windows, inside and out, can't never get them showroom perfect which is a ballache. Used to use that Rain-X rain repellent which done the job for keeping off the old water droplets and I found it was great over the winter months for keeping the windscreen mist free when sat in them ball jangingly cold days.

Quite like the idea of the smart dot stuff there as well. Shame they ain't got no prices on their website though!

Comment

Quality, just had my Dodo juice delivered there! Won't get a chance to apply it this week but will next and I'll get some photos up if it makes it shinier than a shiny thing!

Comment

I have no idea how much the platinum pack cost as it came as part of the deal with the car. But you can buy there products by calling them. There opening there online shop soon. As you mentioned, the raid repellent works great plus the mist gard does the job. Just purchased some leather gard and stain gard from them. Keeps the car smelling like the new car smell

There are some nice products on that web site you mentioned. Might get the washing mitt and wheels cleaner stuff

Comment

I'm pretty into 'detailing' myself and use a combination of products from Dodo juice, Poorboys etc and they are awesome (spesh Dodo as it smells amazing!).
            I'd strongly recomend getting a washmit as opposed to using a sponge because you can really do some damage to the finish with a sponge as it doesnt life the dirt away anywhere near as well as mitt will.
            http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Default.aspx
            This site has a huge range of product available if you fancy shopping about, and if you want some tips etc on the best technique for cleaning your car and avoiding scratches and the like then http://www.detailingworld.co.uk has some fantastic advice.
            '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
            '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
            'We do what we must, because we can.'
            Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Cheers Para! I'll have a good mooch through that site before I prep myself for giving the car a good ole wipe next weekend. Seem some clips on that Dodo Juice stuff, looks ok.

Comment

Righto folks, couldn't wait till next weekend as I'm away down south tomorrow, thought I'd spend a quick hour tonight beaming my wee beauty up. Gave it a healthy sprinkling of water to dust it off then got the old Dodo shampoo on, dried it to buggary then got the Dodo Juice Red Mist on the go, check out the attached pics.

Took some pics up close and near to stuff so you can really see the reflection. First time using this but I'm well impressed, gonna be trying that Carnauba Wax next with a topping of the old Red Mist afterwards!
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more - bloody file upload limit! Grrrrrrr. :oP

So shiny, you could eat yer dinner off it!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sparkly ^_^
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Indeedee! Nipped round to the local 24 hours Tesco about 2 hours ago and noticed on walking away from it that it looked shiny as fook even in the twilight hour, so went in, was at the self checkout bit and noticed a couple of bag heads walking around it having a good look - big car parks must attract the boy racers and their souped out Nova's! Pressed the old lock button to make it give them a couple of wee flashes. Awesome.

Soooo impressed with the shine on it, doubly so with the night time lights bouncing off it.

Comment

Very nice shine you've got there! Dodo juice is great stuff! When you get hold of some wax getting a quality shine is all about the preparation before you apply it so make sure its a clean as a whistle and if you've got some get a polish (e.g Dodo juice lime prime light or autoglym super resin polish) on it first as it helps make applying the wax much easier and will give you a better result!

Comment

I also apologise for some shocking grammar in the above post...

Comment

No need to apologise at all fella, gonna look into it a bit more before I use the polish, cheers for the tip on the primer so to speak.

Comment

Well, just ordered my Lime Prime along with the Dodo Premium Wax, skipping the R222 for the time being. Will give this a good application when I get it and get a few more pics up. Already had some very good comments from folks in person on the shine of the car, for the first time me using stuff like this, I'm well impressed with it. Getting my front bumper, front and back light chrome inserts put on this Saturday as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X