Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto glym lifeshine

hi all

I have ordered my new DS3 which is currently being built yay, should be at the dealers at the end of july.
    Whilst i was filling all the paperwork there was an advertising card on dealers desk for autoglym life shine for £250, thought this was quite expensive but reading through looked quite good have managed to knock dealer down to £200 but what im trying to find out is if any of your good sleves have had it applied and if its worth having or save the cash buy of ebay and apply myself its going for about £20. the dealer has said if its apllied by them then they will give an extra £100 on trade in if i took back to them.

many thanks for replies.

I had no idea about this product. I think they make the best car care products out there and will more then likely be purchasing this myself now!

To make it even better I've just seen it for £7.50 on eBay in Southsea where I spend most of my time when not working. Sweet!

If I'm reading you post correctly, you'll pay £200, and get a further £100 back on the trade in. So only costing you £100. I think if done through the dealer you get a big valet pack with it to worth £40ish. So you're paying £50 to have it applied which isn't too bad if you can be sure they do it properly.
    Last edited by Mr. Bird Poo; 21-06-2011, 22:26.
    DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

sorry did'nt make that very clear, im getting on elect 3, so if i were to trade it in in 3 years with kendal citreon then would get an extra 100 pounds on the ds3 part ex price.
      as for the price think the majority of it is for the application, have read some horror stories online about swirl marks on paintwork that need machine polished off.
      As dealer i was speaking to has messed me about manager has discounted it to £200 and i have said if swirl marks on the body work i would not accept the car (its my first brand new car so think everything should be perfect ).

Comment

DONT DO IT!

£100 saved in 3 years isn't £200 saved right now.

You'll be wasting your money, read some of the reviews on the internet before you jump in with the autoglym stuff.

You can probably spend about £40/£50, buy some other shampoo/wax yourself and do a better job..
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I don't want to disrespect the dealer at all but how will you know that he has given you the £100 extra? It's such a small amount that it can easily be lost in the part ex figures.
          Also as you seem to be aware preparation is everything before any kind of sealant or wax is applied,so unless the dealer is going to spend the time to polish and prep your new car properly it will never look good and you will end up stripping it off and starting again.If however he is willing to spend the best part of a day preping your car properly then I would say it was worth it.If you are having doubts,which it sounds like you are,save your money and do it yourself or employ a pro detailer to come and do it for you.Check out Detailing World there is loads of great info on there.
          Maybe I'm to sceptical but I don't believe any of these "life time" products actually last as long as they claim,there are to many variables e.g weather,mileage,tree sap,bird crap, a lot depends on where you live,where you park and how you use and look after your car.
          Sorry if this is a bit long winded but I've just broken my wrist and I've been sitting at home for the last two days bored out of my mind.

Comment

Hi gain i didnt have the product applied to my ds3 dsport, the dealer quoted me £350 with and aftercare pack! i had diamond brite applied to a previous car with the so called barrier system for the seats cost £300 was told car would not need polishing for 6 years but found it to be not worth the money paid out still had to polish car and still the seats got stained thanks to children so id save yourself some dosh and get to halfords i recommend auto glym super resin polish its fab gives great results and only £12.99!!!!!

Comment

I wouldnt

Comment

you wouldnt what gareth?

Comment

Originally posted by jps74 View Post
                  you wouldnt what gareth?
                  Whilst i was filling all the paperwork there was an advertising card on dealers desk for autoglym life shine for £250, thought this was quite expensive but reading through looked quite good have managed to knock dealer down to £200 but what im trying to find out is if any of your good sleves have had it applied and if its worth having or save the cash buy of ebay and apply myself its going for about £20. the dealer has said if its apllied by them then they will give an extra £100 on trade in if i took back to them.
                  Originally posted by Gareth
                  I wouldnt
                  Makes sense to me.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I am not convinced they actually treat the car. Think they just stick the kit in the boot.

Don't do it - it's not worth it. You can do a better job yourself. I got a full kit off ebay for about £20.

Jimbob

Comment

@Jimbob Did you buy the Autoglym product or something else? How are the results for you?
                      DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

Hi Mr Poo

Actually it was the full GuardX system (which includes a camera for some reason???)
                        Used it on the wifes car.
                        I polish both with Carnauba wax and honestly believe thats all you need.

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                          Hi Mr Poo

Actually it was the full GuardX system (which includes a camera for some reason???)
                          Used it on the wifes car.
                          I polish both with Carnauba wax and honestly believe thats all you need.

Jimbob
                          Oh dear....dealer tried to get me at it with this GuardX malarkey when I placed my order for a DS3 Racing (4-5 wks to go) but said no. Used Auto Glym super resin polish about 7yrs ago and was amazed with the outcome, you can blow an watch the dust just roll off.
                          Last edited by alexmj1; 22-06-2011, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                            Hi Mr Poo
                            Haha

Comment

Going to throw in my ten pence here;

The Guard-x, Autoglym life, Supaguard and the other seal and barrier guards are fine IF you are the kind of person then never bothers to wash the car or polish it and are the kind of person to whiz through the auto car wash. These products are designed for that and to be honest they do work when used in that context.

IF you are the kind of person who spends hours agonizing over which wax to use then the above are NOT for you as you will strip the barrier coat off when doing your prep work.

Hope that helps.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X