Chrome bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome bits

What about the chrome bits...door handles etc, what does everyone else use to keep them shiny. When we took delivery from the dealer they obviously couldn't be bothered to give them the shine they deserve because they were sort of mottled in effect.

Originally posted by ds3man View Post
    What about the chrome bits...door handles etc, what does everyone else use to keep them shiny. When we took delivery from the dealer they obviously couldn't be bothered to give them the shine they deserve because they were sort of mottled in effect.
    This, it's also good on glass too!

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

i find this great on chrome + paintwork too

Comment

'Peek' polish.

I use it on my bike - non abrasive & leaves a protective finish too.
        Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard. Grow Big, Wear Glasses If You Need 'Em!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          This, it's also good on glass too!

Stef
          Aaah! thanks for the link and I've already got some of that for my other car.

Comment

I use TurtleWax Ice for the whole car.

Leaves a nice protective layer over everything including the chrome.

You can even use it on black plasic trims and you get no White chalky stuff either

Comment

Hi,

I don't recommend a glass cleaner on your paint - this will strip any LSP (last step product) you have - i.e. wax or other protective coat you add after you've polished.

Meguiars make a chrome cleaner you use like a shoe polish, works a treat - but make sure you put it on with a clean microfibre, otherwise you'll inflict tiny scratches in your chrome strips!

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

................but make sure your chrome cleaner is suitable for chrome plated plastic as that's completely different than chrome plated metal..............................

Stef
                2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165682
                  sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                  Third time around.
                  Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                    ................but make sure your chrome cleaner is suitable for chrome plated plastic as that's completely different than chrome plated metal..............................

Stef
                    Good point Stef, I had not thought of that! I will need two then, one for the exhaust and one for the side panels!

Regards,
                    Clive.
                    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
                    X