Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Detail of my DS3 - ah I can't display all the pics I wanted to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Detail of my DS3 - ah I can't display all the pics I wanted to.....

This is the first detail of my DS3 - I've also posted pretty much the identical thread on detailing world - which shows the pictures slightly larger - if you want to see them a little larger please look here:
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...23#post2926223

Rats, it will only allow me to post 15 images here! And having spent all evening uploading them, I'm not adjusting it now!

So can only ask you to look at the link above....

Overall for about 6-7 hours effort very pleased!!!!
    Hope you like and excuse all the pics, and I missed quite a lot out!

OK, anyone from DS3 Club want me to do theirs? (or you could go to a Pro and this would set you back a bit :lol...
    Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Love The Result !!!!!!

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
    OK, anyone from DS3 Club want me to do theirs? (or you could go to a Pro and this would set you back a bit :lol...
    Yes ! I Messaged 1st !

I Think You'd Have A Challenge With Mine - Being White lol

How Much Clive ?

Comment

Thanks Zack, I don't think the pics on DW do it justice, she looked better in the flesh...

White could be very interesting, but like anything polished properly will look superb....

Regards,
      Clive.

Comment

Really superb job there Clive. Ive the same colour combo and it does come out well doesnt it.

Need to find somewhere in Glasgow to give it a first proper polish and set up, the dealers quality, as you know, isnt great.

Been looking at some of the cleans on that website, oh my word, people can get their cars clean!!
        Red / Black DStyle+ . . a petrol cause its rude not too.

Comment

Clive,

Being A Detailing Enthusiast...

How Do I Get Rid Of Swirls ? I Got Them Something Chronic On My Roof + Mirrors ( Carmen Red )

Comment

Thanks Craig....

Yes with enough time you can make paint look 'wet' if you want, then you know you're serious - what you've seen there is just 6-7 hours work so not perfection....

I know some superb detailers up your way, I'm meeting a couple of them next weekend......if you want detailer quality though it's not cheap, but most worthwhile....

Regards,
            Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              Clive,

Being A Detailing Enthusiast...

How Do I Get Rid Of Swirls ? I Got Them Something Chronic On My Roof + Mirrors ( Carmen Red )
              Zack, if by hand, some products can 'hide' them as they are 'filler heavy' the most common and best one is Autoglym Super Resin Polish, but, and it's a big but, you need to apply it correctly, there's a whole Q&A on it on DW. SRP is how I got the 'bug' for detailing....
              The fillers come off and you can do it again, and if you seal them in with a decent wax afterwards it will last a while.

To remove them completely it needs to be machined, which is what I've done in the thread you've just read - not to perfection as I only did one pass.

However, one thing to do is to minimise the risk of inflcting anymore by not using a Sponge or leather - use wool lamb mitts, 2 buckets (wash and rinse), and a soft drying towel.

Regards,
              Clive.

Comment

You missed a bit! (Sorry, couldn't resist it)

Seriously, what a great job - the car looks stunning.

Unfotunately my desire to have my car looking that good always battles with my inner laziness - guess which one wins!

Comment

Very nice Clive, i have posted a message under your thread on Detailing World saying the same.Cant wait to see it on Sat, will have to do mine now tho, hoping friday isn't too bad so i can give it a good clean, but not waxing or owt yet tho, want to get a few more bits from Autobrote first and then give it the full works, a wash and a good polish will prob see it through until then.

Comment

Looks superb, will be giving my the works this weekend having collected on Friday!

Comment

Nice work , i commented on deatailing world under my normal net name illegalhunter

Comment

Working...
                      X