Jetwashers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetwashers

Ive noticed that on some of the threads about cleaning i see people using jet washers. Ive never used a jet washer on a car before but have had many hours experience getting drenched and covered in dirt and what not cleaning patios as it used to be my job. they always seemed a bit too powerful for cars. maybe because to clean a patio you generally have the nozzle an inch or 2 above the surface and usually have it set to maximum jet.

anyone got any advice on using jet washers for cleaning car's and does it really make much more difference than using a hose, wash mit and two buckets?

Be careful when you do your alloys. That high pressure water can ruin a tire very quickly.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have used PW (pressure washers) for years with no issues, make sure you use the correct lance the type that you can adjust the flow rate from low pressure to high pressure. Never use the Dirtblaster type (used for cleaning patio's ect ) as they can damage your paintwork.

Graham
      Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

When my car get very dirty (like now bit weathers crap so carnt clean properly) I use my jet washer n have had no trouble, mine is a petrol powered one aswell with 3000 psi. Aslong as you hold it a fair distance back should be fine I reckon

Comment

A decent PW with a good foam lance is an absolute must!

Comment

I have a "PW" but I prefer to drench the car with a hose, Clive might correct me here but I am sure I read that some of the pro detailers tend to stay away from PW's as they can actually make the minute particals scratch the car (tiny scratches) while being washed off....Clive am I talking out me arse again? ;p
            Has Lexia Tool :o)

Comment

Originally posted by germinus View Post
              I have a "PW" but I prefer to drench the car with a hose, Clive might correct me here but I am sure I read that some of the pro detailers tend to stay away from PW's as they can actually make the minute particals scratch the car (tiny scratches) while being washed off....Clive am I talking out me arse again? ;p
              You should be safe with a PW. However on a 'dirty' car, I'd always snowfoam the car first (repeat if necessary) using a quality foam lance first, along with other de-contaimnation procedures. This way a lot is removed before you PW the car and also (more importantly) before you touch the car with a wash mitt. The vast majority of swirl (tiny scratches) are created at the actual wash stage (ie where contact is made between you wash media and your car) plus, to a lesser extent, the drying stage. Sponges and chamois do a lot more damage than a PW is ever likely to do - so golden rule wash mitts and soft drying towels.

As Graham says PWs are safe, you just want to avoid the nozzles on the PW which create a highly pressurised tight jet (cone like) effect. It's unlikely you'll do tyres any damage. I wouldn't be without my PW for my car cleaning, I do a basic 2BM wash and soft drying towel at least once a week.

Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
              X