Best interior car cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best interior car cleaner

What's best to use without spending the earth , want to keep dash and dials doors and plastics looking like new , used many things in past but never been impressed , either left streaks or was sticky (never good !)

Let me know cheers

I like Pink Sheen by Autobrite, seems to work well.

http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/pr...0ml-3296-p.asp

Im sure others will give you their recommendations also.

Clair

Comment

I've always been a fan of Autoglym 'Vinyl & Rubber Care'
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

What about autoglym interior shampoo looks good on reviews

Comment

Clair's recommendation is a good one - despite the title of your thread I suspect you have no real 'mess' to clean based on 'want to keep dash and dials doors and plastics looking like new'.
          You don't really want cleaners when there's nothing to clean, you just want to keep the shine/sheen. I have some Autoglym interior shampoo but I only use that if I need to - not as a routine brush up.

If you've had streaks or was sticky this may be because of over application - certainly with window cleaners (I know a different product) most are very good but streaking etc is caused by simply putting on too much.

So my advice is go very light on products that are just lifting dust, etc from the inside, worth trying Clair's recommendation, I intend giving this a go soon.

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

all i use is a damp micro fibre cloth on the shiny hard surfaces, gets rid of the static as well

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

dash attracts dust like anything, the microfibres dont seem to help either. Damp ay? Will have to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
                  dash attracts dust like anything, the microfibres dont seem to help either. Damp ay? Will have to try that.
                  Also try spraying on a little hairspray onto the cloth, it helps pick up the dust, only a very little squirt mind you.

Comment

Hairspray? really. I'm going to have to try that. Where did you pick up that tip? but if it works, roll with it
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Old trick from a valeter many years ago, also hairspray is a cracking way for remove dirt on leather seats (cream) where the dirt gets trapped in the grain. What you do is test first, then spray a very light coat on the dirt patch and leave for 10 minutes. Then wipe clean with a damp cloth, the glue in the hairspray lifts the dirt a treat. Just remember to test first!

I would bet that CliveP is full is little gems too....

Comment

Anyone got any ideas for cleaning inside glass especially screen?
                        Every product I've ever used has left streaks.
                        Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Just make sure that your glass is cool and after cleaning the glass, use very lightly damp (water the cloth down and twist it as dry as you can) microfibercloth to finish it off. When i was a teenager, i used to wash windows and chromed stuff for living.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandBadJon View Post
                            Anyone got any ideas for cleaning inside glass especially screen?
                            Every product I've ever used has left streaks.
                            I use Asda Glass Cleaner inside and out, just polish off with another cloth after cleaning.
                            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                              I've always been a fan of 'Vinyl & Rubber'
                              Edited for effect, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X