Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have the same brown stains that come from the rubber strips of the door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have the same brown stains that come from the rubber strips of the door?

Hello,
    I got my DS3 for 2-3 months now and i saw that the rubbers that make the door watertight trace on the car itself. You can see brown lines where the rubber sits against the car. I tried cleaning it but no result the only thing that does work is to polish the brown lines out (mine's white so it's really obvious). I do have to say that that's on the passenger side and not on the driver side, 90% of the time i drive alone so the passenger side doesn't open a lot. That's the only explanation that i might have cause it's only on the passenger side, so i was wondering if anybody got the same problem as i have and if you can remove it with something else?

Try a damn good coat of polish around the affected area and also polish the door seals...mine is white as well and I know the problem, but it isn't too much of an issue as mine was diamondcoated from new, so the marks clean off quite easily

Comment

Thanks ill try and polish it out and hope it doens't come back.

Comment

not sure if its from the seals themselves? i know that whenever i have to clean the car i got to clean the white metal inside the door aswell. just assuming this is where dirt and water is allowed around the door and left to sit.

Comment

Working...
        X