Caring for my new DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caring for my new DS3

Just invested in all wolf chemicals kit.. will update with pictures when i can get out there and crack on with a bit of detailing.. On this car i've decided to ditch the Wax and try this nano technology stuff!! got some great reviews so i hope it'll keep her looking good

Si

Hi,

Nice to see there's a fellow detailer here - have you given the car a machine polish yet? I did mine about a week or so after getting it, just to remove light swirls (did full decontamination first) - I found Meguiars 205 using a Hexlogic White pad applied by rotary brought it up a treat....then of course onto your favourite LSP, I'm sure the Wolfs will be great.

I personally prefer wax as an LSP (of course with the right prep first to make the most of your chosen wax), but the Wolfs will look good, just a little more 'clinical' looking in my opinion than wax, but completely down to personal choice (and to an extent paint colour makes a difference as well to me, I've got Sport Red, which just drips wet with the right wax).

Regards,
    Clive.
    Last edited by CliveP; 29-10-2011, 18:04.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
      Hi,

Nice to see there's a fellow detailer here - have you given the car a machine polish yet? I did mine about a week or so after getting it, just to remove light swirls (did full decontamination first) - I found Meguiars 205 using a Hexlogic White pad applied by rotary brought it up a treat....then of course onto your favourite LSP, I'm sure the Wolfs will be great.

I personally prefer wax as an LSP (of course with the right prep first to make the most of your chosen wax), but the Wolfs will look good, just a little more 'clinical' looking in my opinion than wax, but completely down to personal choice (and to an extent paint colour makes a difference as well to me, I've got Sport Red, which just drips wet with the right wax).

Regards,
      Clive.
      Not yet machined her yet.. ordered new pads gonna use the menz stuff that i've already got as i get on well with it.. I've still got some Chemical guys 5050 which was my wax of choice but with winter coming up i wanted ease and good lasting protection

Comment

Once cars prepd properly I love the chem guys EZ glaze then dodo natural wax brings the car up great also a fan of the Zaino range

Comment

Working...
        X