Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news. I will never need to polish my car again (when I get it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news. I will never need to polish my car again (when I get it)

Just received a letter from my dealer letting me know that I can have my new car treated with Diamiondbrite (a some extortionate cost no doubt - which cost is not mentioned) and that it would "..... save hours of work in future, as it would never need to be polished....."

Didn't know that car cleaning was this easy.

Sorry But It's Shit...

Heard Nothing But Bad News From These Dealer Applied Products...

Comment

Thought as much.

Dealer trying to clawback some of the discount being given away by earning on "add-ons".

CliveP seems to be the man on the ball regarding maintaining a cars finish.

Perhaps he could set up a little business (if he's not done so already) and travel up and down the country keeping members cars pristine. I'm sue he'd be a rich man after a few years.

Comment

It must be garbage, when I was at the showroom I seen the leaflets for it, but dealer never mentioned it once to me
        2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

My dealer tried to flog it to me as well. £400.00 odd they wanted for it. I said nah thanks

Comment

Good Choice.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

dont do it. enough said.

Comment

Sorry it's complete Rubbish!

For starters your car has a clearcoat already - this simply adds another..add ten if you want - they'll still mark and scratch if you don't know how to look afte them properly.

It is ludicruosly high margin - and the salesman gets a massive cut (typically). I can get it for £15 - £20 - but I won't.

To apply it properly it needs setting time - they won't - they'll rush it in an afternoon and pay someone a tenner to apply it. To be honest it's a shame as the product isn't bad, but it isn't a wonder product it's sold to be - fact.

Sorry, you know I'm not being rude, just saving you money.

If you've not done so - take a look here - www.detailingworld.co.uk

I am the same user name on there, officially a product reviewer.

Lovely looking cars just takes the right techniques, which doesn't include sponges or leathers.

Enjoy a look on DW ask me any question you like - I did a 23 hour detail on an older Mazda MX-5 recently - for nothing, I enjoy it that much, so please don't take my post as being offensive, I am genuinely trying to save you money.

ps thanks for the compliment on keeping cars nice, I appreciate it, but I'm not giving up the day job...

Best Regards,
                Clive.
                Last edited by CliveP; 31-10-2011, 22:30.
                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                  If you've not done so - take a look here - www.detailingworld.co.uk

Lovely looking cars just takes the right techniques, which doesn't include sponges or leathers.

Best Regards,
                  Clive.
                  Had a look at the link thanks.

Have you got a link to an "idiots guide" to the best way of keeping cars nice, or a 5-10 bullet point list of things that need to be done/products to use?

Comment

Hi,

There is a section of guides and 'how tos' on DW - don't have it right here, but if you struggle to find it there please let me know...

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

On the whole our dealership never signed up for the whole Supaguard thing, we came to the same conclusion as Clive, it justs adds another layer to the car and is not the wonder protector it makes out to be.

Our valeter prefers instead to give our cars a clay rub, polish and finish with a good quality wax to seal. I know this wouldn't meet Clive's high standard ( ) but we feel it gives our cars a nice finish and protective layer to handover to customers.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        .....Our valeter prefers instead to give our cars a clay rub, polish and finish with a good quality wax to seal. I know this wouldn't meet Clive's high standard ( ) but we feel it gives our cars a nice finish and protective layer to handover to customers.
                        Credit where credit is due Bigfeet - clay, polish and wax from a dealer is way beyond 99% of other dealers! Respect! I'm obsessive, you're in it for business so I salute you for that effort in preparing it!

Regards,
                        Clive.

Comment

Well, all i got was a wash with soap and some shit wax... Dead bugs in the rear section was something i didn't expect on a brand new car that had been prepared for customer. You realy should see the claybar i used when i washed her the first time.

Comment

Working...
                          X