DS3 Vs Wolf Chemicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Vs Wolf Chemicals

Couple of pics from a hard days detailing..

Washed with the 2 bucket method
    clayed
    Polished using Menz Final finish and Menz Finishing Pad.
    Sealed with Wolf Chemicals Body Wrap
    Alloys sealed with Wolf Chemicals Rim shield
    Tyres dressed with Megs Endurance Gel

Piccys

More on my facebook....
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=793866b561

Nice!

Have you measured the paint depth? I did a few single measurements on some cars at a recent meet and there was a quite a variation but I'd be interested in knowing what depths yours have typically shown?

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

No.. I Dont have a gauge Maybe my next purchase...

Si

Comment

Si,

Ever BOT way, let me know, we can do a quick run round your car with my PDG.

Regards,
        Clive.

Comment

clayed

Nice looking finish.

Just out of curiosity, how much would all of the things which you use cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
            clayed

Nice looking finish.

Just out of curiosity, how much would all of the things which you use cost?
            The Wolf Chemicals sealants are £23 each
            Tyre dressing about £7
            Polish was around £20 for a selection of different grades
            Pads are around £6
            The DA polisher was around £100 but i've had it for 6 years now!

You can get starter packs which are your best bet..

Have a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk for more info

Si

Comment

Hi Mr C, as Si has listed there's some set up costs, but you don't need to do machining 'straight off' if at all.

You can get some superb results by hand, the most important thing is to minimise swirls, sorry to repeat but basically no sponges or leathers ever......machining is often used to 'correct' previous swirl marks, as often cars have experienced sponges/leathers (or worse) by previous owners or even dealers.

When a car is new as Si and I have done, a light machining really brings that depth of gloss out....

But as said there's loads of great products for relative pocket money that will bring your car up superb. By hand products that contain 'fillers' will fill previous swirls and therefore give great results. The swirls are not corrected, simply 'filled' in given much better depth - the fillers will come out eventually when you simplt top them again...

As Si has said loads of this and tons more is covered on www.detailingworld.co.uk...

Sorry for waffling on!

Regards,
              Clive.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I've had a look over at DW and found this link to a starter kit http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/...oView_559.html Don't know if you have any thoughts on it. (I've also read up on the two bucket system)

Running my own business and with three young kids in tow I don't get much time to clean the car, so it would just be a matter of getting some decent products to do as good a job as possible in the limited time that I have.

I assume that the price they are quoting includes all of the items mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
                  Thanks for the help.

I've had a look over at DW and found this link to a starter kit http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/...oView_559.html Don't know if you have any thoughts on it. (I've also read up on the two bucket system)

Running my own business and with three young kids in tow I don't get much time to clean the car, so it would just be a matter of getting some decent products to do as good a job as possible in the limited time that I have.

I assume that the price they are quoting includes all of the items mentioned
                  Yes, that's not a bad kit for the money - I've used the shampoo - nice but not a high dilution ration but easy enough to get some more shampoo... worth a try at that money for sure......I'm quite a fan of Autobrite products (they have a section on DW), but that SP kit looks fine for the money and a great starter kit!

Regards,
                  Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                    .... that SP kit looks fine for the money and a great starter kit!Regards,Clive.
                    Have decided to take the plunge and have just bought the kit as I noticed swirl marks on the paintwork after taking delivery on Thursday.

Had never really noticed swirl marks before on other cars I've owned (although I had never known what to look for until I joined this site), or realised how they would come about. (There's a very good thread for beginners on the detailingworld.co.uk forum by Dave KG, entitled "Good washing technique", which clearly explains things and how to go about rectifying problems for us novices)

So Clive, it may take me a few years to get to your standard, and dedication, but I have now taken my first tentative steps.

Lets hope the weather doesn't prevent me from getting out to do the cleaning now.

Comment

Hi Mr C,

Glad to see you took the plunge, sorry for not replying sooner, I don't get on here so much.

You'll soon get to a great standard I'm sure. I'm presently helping run some basics courses at Autobrite in my spare time which I'm enjoying.

Shame you're not closer as would happily give you a hand.

Keep enjoying it and don't let zero degrees C stop you playing out there, as long as the water doesn't freeze every weekend is a possibility! Christmas Day I'm hoping is good as have a few new products to try out!

Best Regards,
                      Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                        Keep enjoying it and don't let zero degrees C stop you playing out there, as long as the water doesn't freeze every weekend is a possibility! Christmas Day I'm hoping is good as have a few new products to try out!
                        Clive your dedication to a clean car is amazing!
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          Clive your dedication to a clean car is amazing!
                          Thank You! Got out there yesterday, Christmas Day whilst the turkey was cooking! Just a quick 90 minute spruce up! Fingers crossed for tomorrow as have driven it twenty miles since Christmas Day clean!

Regards,
                          Clive.

Comment

Working...
                          X