showroom shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• showroom shine

hi all, anyone used showroom shine before? i used it all the time on my c2 vts and its great stuff but have just bought a ds3 sport and reading on this forum have never seen it mentioned.

Mark

mentioned loads of times mainly by me and if you see it on ideal world you may see my car displayed.

I have always used it but bought some collinite and saw no difference in finish (CliveP will disagree,lol)

Comment

yeh got mine from ideal world,,, used it a while.. did mine today with showroom shine. glad someone else thinks its good.. did play with super resin polish from autoglyn but too much like hard work when the finish achieved from showroom shine is just as good.

Comment

another vote for dyna glaze bu autoglym. ive used it for years on other cars and no doubt the ds3 will follow
        ds3 1.6 hdi dsport plus in polar white and black roof

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
          mentioned loads of times mainly by me and if you see it on ideal world you may see my car displayed.

I have always used it but bought some collinite and saw no difference in finish (CliveP will disagree,lol)
          Lol! That's because any wax is only as good as the prep under it! So to see the benefit of the wax you have to prep the car properly. Even Z.Royale Wax at £7000 won't look any better than any cheap wax if it's applied to a non-prepped car. If applying Royale I'd probably prepare the DS3 by machine polish for at least ten hours.....and love every minute of it!

But my cleaning isn't about cleaning, it's about OCD!

Regards,
          Clive.
          Last edited by CliveP; 07-01-2012, 00:09.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
            Lol! That's because any wax is only as good as the prep under it! So to see the benefit of the wax you have to prep the car properly. Even Z.Royale Wax at £7000 won't look any better than any cheap wax if it's applied to a non-prepped car. If applying Royale I'd probably prepare the DS3 by machine polish for at least ten hours.....and love every minute of it!

Regards,
            Clive.
            glad there is Somone on the forum like me <3

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post

Regards,

Clive.
              I agree with this but, of you only have half hour I can only say its great stuff

Comment

showroom shines good for a quick fix say a couple of days crap build up or surface dust lol. cant beat a good all round clean weather permittin and the cold dont bother me either lol i just use larger rubber gloves with a pair of thermal gloves inside.
                e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

That's one way to get swirly paint I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedredc2 View Post
                    That's one way to get swirly paint I suppose
                    4 months on and paintworks still as crisp as the day i sorted it after the twonk from citroen that washed the car after i told them not to. as it went in for a paint touch up to remove some blemishes on the front bumper. ie it went in clean came back as if it ad been to bagdad. that was a nice relaxing 4n half hours for me lol
                    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Pokertit,
                      just done my white dsport+ with showroom shine, no water, looks well,also windows and beltones looks a treat.
                      was sceptical at first

Comment

hi Clemm...

did mine as well today took me an hour to do all and comes out looking very good when finished. gonna give collenite476 a go as per Clivep says it is good stuff to use. i have loads of polish and wax etc from all different company's (no where as much OCD as Clivep) and find showroom shine easier.. but still feel the need to try another one

Comment

Gents,

Despite my OCD I recognise is all that matters is people are happy with the results they get themselves! Anyone wanting to meet sometime for a 'group detail' though I'm all up for it!

Regards,
                          Clive.
                          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
                          X