Plastic chrome cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic chrome cleaners

Any tips for the side chrome rubbing strips and chrome mirrors etc as after washing with autoglym they have remained very patchy and need some kind of abrasive polish to remove surface blemishes. Does anyone know or recommend a good product for this job? I know they will scrub clean as I rubbed like buggery with a cloth and the surface scum/whatever was starting to reveal a nice smooth mirror finish but there must be a good product that will eat through this stuff.

Or am I just lazy and need some elbow grease!!?

I just use a wax after cleaning, always just come up lovely and clean. Just plastic so nothing chrome orientated needed I'd say
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I just use some bog standard trim cleaning wipes I got from Halfords mate. You have to put a fair bit of effort into it, but they should get it all off if you rub hard enough. I used it on all the chrome trim on mine and it worked a treat.
      Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

Comment

i use either autoglym aqua instant show shine or autosmart ectlat. brings them up lovely. expensive taste i no

Comment

Best thing I found for an epic shine to to clay bar them and finish with a good wax.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Meguiars Nxt Generation All Metal Polish, its great stuff.
            “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Originally posted by scarey View Post
              Meguiars Nxt Generation All Metal Polish, its great stuff.
              But its all plastic on the car?
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                But its all plastic on the car?
                Agree, do not use a cleaner for metals

I generally use the Autoglym Fast Glass (that i use for the windows) -works a treat
                White & Black DS3 Sport Plus 150THP

Comment

Plastic yes, but Chromium electroplating (a thin layer of metal on a surface) can be plated on to plastic or metal. down side of it it pits, oxidises and gets scumy. (i new my science degree would come in handy!!!!) iv used meguiars for years never had a problem, its also great for your tailpipe. Hope this helps.
                  “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Working...
                  X