First steps at detailing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First steps at detailing.

When I got the DS3 a couple of months ago, the wife treated me to a Meguiars clay bar kit. With the weather not really being up to much lately, never got around to using it, until today. Washed the car, dryed it of and have just finished using the clay, about half an hour ago. What a difference it makes, you could feel it bringing off the crap. Really impressed with it. If the weather is up to it, the car will get a polish on Tuesday. The state of the clay at the end was disgusting.

Yes- using Clay leaves a lovely smooth silky finish

However, I don't get on with the clay bar, kept having to nead it to get a smooth surface

I use a clay mitt- and that's fab. Think its best to use the correct detailing fluid too, rather than water

I usually use Iron X fallout remover before I clay too. Start of summer, both my Cars being done
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Where do you get the Clay mitt from?

Comment

Halfords I think- tenner
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

After claying the car and then giving it a good wax it was really noticed at work. Always good when people comment on how clean the car is. Just need to take it to the next stage now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Halfords I think- tenner
            Found it in Halfords, they are £15 now. Will have a look next time.

Comment

Originally posted by miggs View Post

Found it in Halfords, they are £15 now. Will have a look next time.
              I found them a lot easier to use
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

I found them a lot easier to use
                Like I said earlier, its my first time at detailing and I found the clay bar a bit fiddly. I almost dropped it a few time, but didn't. As I have one bar left I will look into the clay mitt when the bar has gone.

Comment

Working...
                X