wax polish for metallic paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax polish for metallic paint

Silly question can you use wax polish for metallic paint on none metallic paint
    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

thats a question for our resident detailler cliveP
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Yes, what are you using and what colour car is it? Preparation is the key to a decent shine - not what wax you use

Comment

It's turtle wax for metallic paint http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/prod.asp?Partcode=FG2635 (not color wax stuff) and using it on a white car with black roof only 1
        week old
        E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014

Comment

Tony,

As above the answer is Yes and it's all down to the prep - truth is, you can only tell the difference between waxes when the prep is top-notch, so if you're not machining the car it won't make lots of difference, I only bring out my top end waxes when I've machined a car...

So you'll be fine with it...

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thanks for your help time to get the job done

Comment

Working...
            X