How Dirty????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Dirty????

Please note this is not meant to be a DW style write up, just a quick post on how dirty the car had got and some products used.

So the the car is now 4 months old and has done 3,000 miles, i cant believe how dirty it had got! The day I got the car it was washed, clayed, given 3 coats of AG HD Wax on the bodywork and 3 coats of Colly 476 for the wheels even before it was driven anywhere!!

Last week I noticed the car was looking dull and on washing there was loads of tar and tree sap. As side note I didnt really rate the AG wax, wasnt very durable and didnt provide much to the finish.

So new clay, Werkstat Acrylic Kit (Expensive but heard good things from DW for white cars!), Iron X and a few other bits were ordered.

Before .......

So using the below plus millions of MF's, pads, buckets etc set to work

Car was washed and rinsed twice (2BM etc etc etc) and then set to work with the IRON X, not used this before much better than AS Tardis but my god the smell!!! I like the way it runs purple on the contaminants, there was alot!!! Car was then washed again!

Car was then clayed. I wasnt expecting that much after 4 months and 3k but this was after front windscreen, bonnett and wings.

Doors and sills were bad too................

Car was washed again leaving this.....

Finally the Werkstat was used .... firstly the Prime then the sealant and final wipe down with the gloss. So far very impressed with the kit, I would recommend to anyone with a white DS, might be £60 ish but finish is superb adds alot more depth to the matt white (alot happier with the colour now) and it will last ages. Yet to see how durable it will be. The pics below dont really do it justice (taken with Iphone & light wasnt great!)

Next morning it had rained over night

Nice finish!

Comment

Looks good - after

P.S - thats not dirty - this is dirty:

My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

End result looks good :cool:

Joni I think you need to wash your car... Shame on you
        '12 DS3 DStyle + 1.6 VTi White Black Roof

Comment

Hello mate, looks really good, how long did this all take to do as am thinking of taking mine through the process now?

Comment

Looks Nice! Loving the detailing bug catching here in the DS3 world!!!!

I just did six hours on mine today, so a part-time cleaning Sunday for me!

Seriously, that looks good - I've never machined a white car, so if you want me to remove any swirls for you with a machine polish let me know...

Miss WTF - you need a telling off for that! That's disgusting, lol! I've offered to machine yours before, as you work for a great charity, it would definitely be purely on me!

Regards,
            Clive.
            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
              Hello mate, looks really good, how long did this all take to do as am thinking of taking mine through the process now?
              About 5 hours in total.

Comment

Looking good there. Not looking forward to the forth coming hosepipe ban just as meets are about to start
                DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                  Looking good there. Not looking forward to the forth coming hosepipe ban just as meets are about to start
                  i don't have a hosepipe out the front of my house, so i've been cleaning mine with watering cans. does the job, although sadly can't get it quite as clean
                  2010 DStyle 1.6 VTi - Thorium Grey w/ Carmen Red roof

Comment

Working...
                  X