wooly mammoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooly mammoth

Has any body every tryed using a wooly mammoth towel for drying you Motor i am thinking about geting 1 for myself but at £15ish i thought i would see what you all thought 1st

many thanks

Forest-sion

Just got a very large micro-fibre cloth from ASDA £3 and only paid £7 for a bigger one from French Car Show last year

Comment

I bought a Turtlewax Microfiber Max Drying Towel from Halfords £12.99 and used it this evening having just washed by DS far better than using a damp shammie
      sigpic

Comment

Forest-Sion,

They are good towels - quality towels are so much better than a shammie.

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Forest-Sion

As ds3adi said, these are available from Asda for £3.50. they work really well.

'12 DS3 DStyle + 1.6 VTi White Black Roof

Comment

Hi ho - hi ho off to asda i go with £3.50 in my pocket Hi ho - hi ho, You know what i mean :cool: I think i will buy 2 so off with £7.00

BIG thanks to ds3adi, CliveP & a extra BIG thank you for Bigcheese for the pic's

Comment

I bought a couple of these last year, I think they had a 2 for £6 offer at the time. Decent size and work really well.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

BigCheese they look great towels for the money! If they are as soft as they appear then a great buy for the money!
                Thanks for letting us know about them!

Regards,
                Clive.
                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Clive,

Did an SRP prep with 2 layers of 476 24hrs apart on my DS3 and after a wash with AG shampoo and a hose rinse (pre hosepipe ban) the water sheeted really well. Only needed 2 towels for drying ( 1 top, 1 bottom ). Obviously they are not in the top of the range class but an impressive towel for the money, and well worth the investment in having a few in the 'Cloth cupboard', not sure how long they will last as i've only had them for a month but they do come up nice after a trip in the washing machine.

Kev

Is it me or do other people find that microfibre products 'Snag' to the touch, although my hands do go through the mill in my line of work.
                  Last edited by Bigcheese; 13-04-2012, 05:20.
                  '12 DS3 DStyle + 1.6 VTi White Black Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcheese View Post
                    Forest-Sion

As ds3adi said, these are available from Asda for £3.50. they work really well.

And a free Tin of Soup thrown in?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                      And a free Tin of Soup thrown in?
                      Nah, that's the special Big Soup finishing polish. Haven't you tried it? Brings up the shine something lovely!

Comment

Drying towels tested!!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product...hs_tested.html
                        sigpic

Comment

Microfibre 9 piece set for £4 at Tesco today.
                          Was tempted but already have loads of micro fibre cloths.

Attached Files

Comment

I initially bought two of the green drying towels from Asda and was very impressed with them until I discovered this little beaut.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=276933

It really is amazing and well worth the step up in price as the step up in quality needs to be seen to be believed.

I find the mammoth too big and needs to be folded a lot to save from hitting the floor when drying the bottom of the doors.

This small towel can dry my car so quickly and at the end you will not, I guarantee, be able to wring a single drop out if it. It drinks like a fish.

My green asda towels are used for drying wheels only now.

Andy
                            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                            Take a pride in your ride
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Would only ever use my Wooly Mammoth,

Nothing else even comes close

Comment

Working...
                              X