Car Cleaning Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Cleaning Kit

I've put together a list of what I want to buy for my car cleaning kit, so I can get to work on keeping it looking nice and shiny!

Would someone mind looking over it, and letting me know if I've missed anything - I want to know if those foam pads will be suitable for applying the tyre AND trim gel.

Also I haven't forgot my foam lance, I just need to find out which adaptor I need to order!#

+ In addition to the above! >_<

just bought: Swissvax Autobahn and Swissvax Alloy Brush
    Last edited by Stonesy; 21-05-2012, 08:55.

Wow that's some list! Hopefully CliveP will be along soon to offer some advice!!
    2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
    2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
    1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Off the phone with Autobrite now and bought all the above

Managed to get a fitment that does quicklink-m22 direct from my PW manufacturer - should be cleaning away this weekend if the weather is any good!

Comment

Hi, just got on here, looks a nice little starter list! Looks like you've just posted, hope you got the order sorted. I don't think you'll need 10 tyre applicators but hey, you can never have too much detailing gear!

Catch you soon, going to drop you a PM!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Hi clive thanks for looking - just got off the phone with Mark I believe, he mentioned I forgot my magi foam ^^

Manged to get an adaptor for the HD foam lance aswell, so I'm very please now! Also added a foaming/spray bottle that I saw you recommending in a previous post, I'll use that for the alloys with the very cherry stuff - Quick one...

do I need to mask the tyres up when applying this stuff to the alloys?

Comment

Lose the measuring jug and just do what I do and have an old fizzy bottle which does just as well
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Stonesy View Post
              Hi clive thanks for looking - just got off the phone with Mark I believe, he mentioned I forgot my magi foam ^^

Manged to get an adaptor for the HD foam lance aswell, so I'm very please now! Also added a foaming/spray bottle that I saw you recommending in a previous post, I'll use that for the alloys with the very cherry stuff - Quick one...

do I need to mask the tyres up when applying this stuff to the alloys?
              No, no need to mask up...

Catch you soon,
              Regards,
              Clive.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

PM sounds great Clive - I was going to reply but your inbox is full!

Comment

Well today I got home early about half 4, and as it was still quite sunny and my new adaptor had arrived I decided to give my baby her first clean!

Wet her with the pressure washer from distance
                  Then Snow foamed - which was an absolute blast! got some cracking looks off the neighbours..e.g. WTF is he doing!
                  Rinsed down with p/w
                  Sprayed alloys with Cherry non-acid cleaner and brushed muck off after waiting 5-10 min
                  Rinsed alloys with p/w from distance
                  2 bucket wash - which I might add I need to work on, by the time I'd washed the top half of one side, the other had dried resulting in horrible smears/water droplets
                  Rinsed with p/w
                  Pat down with towel all over
                  Waxed the alloys
                  Went around the trim with foam pad & berry blast
                  Buffed the alloys off with m/fibre cloth
                  went around the tyres with foam pad & berry blast
                  used the m/fibre to polish the chrome trims with no cleaning fluid

that's about it!

I think I'll be needing some help very soon off Clive, as either the Zaino pad is absolutely crap for applying wax or I'm clueless! I ended up applying it by hand ^^

Some pics (forgot to take car pics xD and it's too dark now) - all in it took me about 4 hours

OCD rack - every draw has it's use, interior, exterior, wheels, and odds/sods

The finished alloys & tyres -

Possible went a bit OTT on the use of my Swissvax :confused:

Comment

Got a nice shine on the wheels there good work!

On the bits of the car drying thing, I always wash in sections so after washing part of the car i rinse it down with the pw before moving on, helps to reduce the amount of waterspots you end up with (unless you live in a very hard water area or its really sunny).

I would say you probably used too much wax, you only need a very small amount on your applicator and only need to spread thinly. You can ensure even coverage by applying 2/3 thin coats as opposed to one big one.

In theory a big tub of wax should last for a very long time ( I have some little Dodo Juice sample pots that lasted for ages and they are only 30mL), and with the price of Swissvax you don't want to be motoring through it!
                    Last edited by Parafilm; 14-05-2012, 20:36. Reason: Typo, as always
                    '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                    '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                    'We do what we must, because we can.'
                    Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

I think it was a combination of my lack of skill/being slow and the sun, we've got probably the best water in the UK where I live so I doubt it's that - I'll have to give the wash 1 panel/rinse method a go next time - I know what you mean re. the Swissvax I felt ill applying it, each smear must be about £1! Once I've seen Clive I reckon he will give me the best headstart to detailing properly, but I'm still adamant that the Zaino pad is absolute crap/too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonesy View Post
                        I think it was a combination of my lack of skill/being slow and the sun, we've got probably the best water in the UK where I live so I doubt it's that - I'll have to give the wash 1 panel/rinse method a go next time - I know what you mean re. the Swissvax I felt ill applying it, each smear must be about £1! Once I've seen Clive I reckon he will give me the best headstart to detailing properly, but I'm still adamant that the Zaino pad is absolute crap/too big.
                        Haha, I'v never used a Zaino pad so I can't say, I'v just got some foam finger mits that are all sorts of fun!

Clive will def sort you out though, he knows what he's doing.
                        Good luck with your burgeoning obsession! Just be ready for people to always ask why you bother etc..
                        I get endless stick for it but at the end of the day I'v got the cleanest car in the car park at work so I'm happy :P
                        '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                        '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                        'We do what we must, because we can.'
                        Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

£38 for buckets?

crazy mofo
                          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                          Third time around.
                          Work in Progress

Comment

Already got them and used them now

I did go to B&Q but they only had these big carrier style buckets, and I could have bought a mesh style seive but when I priced it up it was nearer £40 anyway - besides these buckets are special, one is for washing one is for rinsing!

Comment

I use 2 separate buckets... cost me £0.

one cleaning and one rinsing... just dont touch the bottom of the buckets with your mitt -.-
                              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                              Third time around.
                              Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                              X