Cars new pet fly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars new pet fly!!

How this got inside my light i dont know. But before it gets all green an funky i wana take it out. Any ideas on how? with out the need to take the car apart!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5767.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	363884
    “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

If you have an air compressor could try taking out all the bulbs and blowing air in one. May get lucky.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi, you could take out the headlight bulb & put a small nozzle on the end of a hoover flexible pipe & hopefully you may be able to suck him out!!! Charlie

Comment

Hmm i could give the hoover idea a go. is it easy to pop the bulb out? How it got in there is a mystery. If it stays in il have to give it a name!
        “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Originally posted by scarey View Post
          How it got in there is a mystery.

I'm no expert, but I've not seen one like that in the UK, may have got in there during manufacturing process.
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I hope it wasnt in the manufacturing process cus the fly must have had a good one an a half year of living in there!

Comment

Originally posted by charliechap View Post
              Hi, you could take out the headlight bulb & put a small nozzle on the end of a hoover flexible pipe & hopefully you may be able to suck him out!!! Charlie
              This was going to be my suggestion, but involving straws and selotape . . . . . . .
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey View Post
                How it got in there is a mystery. If it stays in il have to give it a name!
                He obviously made a Bee line for your car.

Comment

Bee line

Comment

HA!! oh my sides hurt!! im gona wait for a dry day (dont want water in there as well as brums pet) to give the hoover a go. il have straws and selotape on standby.

Comment

Well, i took a bulb out. But i just cant get near the lil beast with the hoover an straws!!!!

Comment

If the bulb trick isn't working there's four options you have.

1. Remove the front bumper, unbolt the headlights, dissasemble the HLUnit and skewer it on the edge of your house to ward off any future hornets!

2. Try the hoover trick again.

3. Take it to Citroen, claim it's a design fault (this'll probably work best if you have THP or the bellone corrosion as you could ask them to see if they can remove it whilst they have the engine and/or wheels off).

4. Smash the front of the headlight, remove hornet, claim it back on insurance.. Try stating that the bug hit the front, went through and you can provide them with the evidence if necessary..

Edit: Lol, bee line!

Edit 2: See if you can train some sort of rescue hornet to go in there and pull him out?
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I think we should start giving the little beast a name

what do we think.............Dave :rolleyes:

bee line, it still cracks me up

Comment

Chuck in a spider. :rolleyes:

Or get some rubber pipe and tape it to your hoover pipe.............feed in.......suck

Comment

Hmm i have pet geckos, i could see if i could train one to go in an eat it!! my drivers side wing mirror has a resident spider in it!

Names hmmm. buggys malone! or sid.

Comment

Working...
                              X