Autobrite Direct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobrite Direct

Having spent a week or so building a list of products to purchase in order to clean my new DS3 - I settled on the Autobrite products as I'd read only good things - and I've seen the outcome of their usage on some work Clive had done.

I rang Mark at autobrite on Monday/Tuesday to discuss fitments for the foam lance I wanted to buy - unfortunately he didn't have a fitment for my crappy unknown brand PW, so I've ended up getting the M22 fitment and ordered an adaptor direct from the PW manufacturers! (£10 CRINGE for an adaptor!)

We talked through the list of items I had on my list and he was very helpful...

...more importantly I've now received said products - and I am absolutely gobsmacked! Just the smell and look of the products, they feel and look like their worth a million dollars! Absolutely loving the bright pink cherry interior spray! I cannot fault the quality of the products and the service they've provided!

TWO things are for sure - firstly I will definitely be using them again and secondly..I now want to make a pillow out of the sheep skin cleaning mitts

Autobrite are hopefully coming to the National

Comment

Autobrite products are awesome! Most of my products are from there. it was Clive who got me onto detailing and looking after the car as best as i can and introduced me to autobrite. I went down to the autobrite summer meet last year and picked up loads of new products. The pink interior spray is great, i love that one. Have you tried their airfreshners? get the peardrop, it smells amazing.

Comment

Help me!! Once I've cleaned the alloys what wax/sealant should I be looking at? I'm sat a thalfords now stumped because they all look naff! The meguiars metal polish doesn't say anything about dipped alloys, I'm assuming it won't be suitable?

Comment

no, dont use any metal polish on the alloys. Any wax will do, i have used the Autoglym HD wax on the alloys before and also used dodo juice wax, you can get wax for alloys but i dont think theres much difference.

Comment

You do get alloy wheel sealant, we use the AutoGlym stuff here at work and it does a good job as you just spray it on
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Oh yeah forgot about the sealant stuff, i have the autoglym spray sealant and thats good too.

Comment

So wax with auto glym and then use their sealant on top?

Comment

one or the other, dont think using both will add anything extra. I just wash, sometimes use non acid wheel cleaner, dry then wax. I dont always wax either, i only wax if i have used the wheel cleaner.

Comment

Gonna go get some Srp and HD wax

Comment

Lol I just rang a local alloy dealer/car place - the woman said don't use anything but washing up liquid? Surely not!

Comment

srp is really good clive says, i aint tried it yet myself and you cant go wrong with HD wax, its good stuff. You prob picked the best 2 products that autoglym do.

Comment

ignore her, dont use washing up liquid, just use the car shampoo u use when you wash your car, autobrite's banana shampoo is nice

Just think when you have washed and waxed your wheels, then the week after you wash your car with washing up liquid, it will prob strip off all the wax etc that you put on before, so then you would have to rewax etc every time. Im just assuming thats what it will do, like when it gets all the grease off stuff when you wash up. Car shampoo would not strip off the wax so would be better to use.
                          Last edited by Clairt83; 11-05-2012, 14:08.

Comment

Poorboys Vs SRP & HD Wax Vs Swissvax Autobahn?

Would it be sacrilege to use the swissvax and apply a coating of the Autoglym Sealant on top - as I've read the swiss stuff is more "showey" than actual every-day durable protection
                            Last edited by Stonesy; 11-05-2012, 14:33.

Comment

I think thats a question for Clive to answer, i have never used the other ones so im not sure really. I think most of the time its personal choice, we all like different stuff so its up to you which you prefer. Clive is the man in the know :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X