Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New online business idea

Hi

I am contemplating setting up a website to buy good quality detailing goods, waxes/polishes/brushes etc etc. This is to run at first along side my current job with my wife being able to deal with any potential orders or queries during the day, customer service and postage and package. My dream is to leave current job, get a unit with a shop/office area at the front and storage space behind for stock and eventually onsite detailing/valeting. What would you guys put at the top of your list when buying products online??

Price
    Good product range
    Fast delivery
    Free delivery
    Customer service
    Competitions
    Facebook/Twitter updates
    App

Also an ideas how to overcome the fact that people clean their cars less during the winter months???

Any feedback will be very much appreciated and many thanks in advance.
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Hi mate.

I've got a very keen interest in this subject. A good friend of mine does full time exactly what you're thinking of. It's a tough market and simply re-selling manufacturers' products isn't enough, he's carved out a niche in my opinion by being different.

Do your homework well.

Enthusiasts do their cars each weekends except in the worse of weathers. That marker already exists, it's bigger than people think....

I'm not a professional detailer but could fill every weekend doinfg full machine polish details, I choose to offer basics training instead about once a month.
    Hope it works out for you, but my advice is don't just re-sell manufacturer's products, find something unique, but I'll need to leave that bit to you.

Regards,
    Clive.
    Last edited by CliveP; 02-06-2012, 22:05.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thanks Clive, great advice pal
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Don't know a lot about detailing, but can give you some hints with regards to websites. PM me if you want some pointers.

Comment

The ease of price comparison shopping on the net makes margins extremely tight in any business like this, and you'd need to buy your products in v large quantities to be able to compete on price - which for most internet shoppers is the No. 1 priority.

If not undercutting the competition on price, what's your USP?

Comment

Exactly, the USP is not being broadcast yet, got a lot of homework to do before rushing into anything. Thanks to everyone so for taking the time to reply. It's very much appreciated.
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Good luck with it!

Comment

I agree with Clive...

It's gonna be tough! For me if I want detailing products I research the exact products I want, and then go looking for the site which has them all for the cheapest price.

To compete you would have to match the same bulk buying of hundreds of different products that these big sites do.

You do need to come up with something unique to go along with the products

Good luck though!

Comment

I think cleanyourcar do so well with me as they have a rewards system and send a handwritten note saying thanks. Also a company called juicydetailing always send sweets which is a nice touch. If I think of anything I will post it up

Good luck with the business. Keep us upto date with how it goes.

Comment

Great points guys, thank you very much
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Hey! Your business idea is really good and I want you to succeed. I can advise you to read this article about customer satisfaction
                      Here you will find tons of information to help you keep your customers happy after using your business and keep them coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Your Ride View Post
                        Hi

I am contemplating setting up a website to buy good quality detailing goods, waxes/polishes/brushes etc etc. This is to run at first along side my current job with my wife being able to deal with any potential orders or queries during the day, customer service and postage and package. My dream is to leave current job, get a unit with a shop/office area at the front and storage space behind for stock and eventually onsite detailing/valeting. What would you guys put at the top of your list when buying products online??

Price
                        Good product range
                        Fast delivery
                        Free delivery
                        Customer service
                        Competitions
                        Facebook/Twitter updates
                        App

Also an ideas how to overcome the fact that people clean their cars less during the winter months???

Any feedback will be very much appreciated and many thanks in advance.
                        This business idea is very good because nowadays the internet is the biggest market in the world. I suggest you hire a company for accounting management and discuss with them and then start your business they will guide you in all aspects of this business according to your budget and it will help you a lot to succeed in your business.

Comment

Working...
                        X