GuardX Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuardX Protection

As anybody had GuardX applied and not regretted it? All manufacturer forums have people who have thought it a waste of money as it's down to the way it's applied. Seems most people suggest getting a independant company to do but ultimately a polish a few times a year is the way forward.

Have a look through general chat, one of the other lads on the forum paid extra for this and although it does give a good shine and does its job you can find cheaper elsewhere that does a better job.

Save your money and invest in another product in my opinion.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks, that what I thought.

Comment

dont set me off again today, i paid for guard x on my car which i collected today, they forgot to wash most of it off, it was covered in it when i picked it up, every pannel was covered in dust and all pannel edges were crammed full of it, im even beginning to think it was just normal polish.
        is there anyway to find out if its even been applied??
        anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Stages 1 and 2 of the GardX protection come as a liquid not a paste. So god knows what they have put on yours if you can see stuff in the edges. Sound like they have use some standard polish. I would inquire about it. Did they give you a certificate for the GardX? They should of given you it as it has your order number on it which you quote when buying refills of the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
            Stages 1 and 2 of the GardX protection come as a liquid not a paste. So god knows what they have put on yours if you can see stuff in the edges. Sound like they have use some standard polish. I would inquire about it. Did they give you a certificate for the GardX? They should of given you it as it has your order number on it which you quote when buying refills of the stuff.
            i got a blank guard x card with nothing inside it, i really dont think this car has been done with guard x, there is no order number on it or anything, just a blank card with no dealer stamp or valet details or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by tony30uk View Post
              i got a blank guard x card with nothing inside it, i really dont think this car has been done with guard x, there is no order number on it or anything, just a blank card with no dealer stamp or valet details or anything.
              Insist on your money back. This is criminal!!

Comment

If I may be so bold as to ask.....How much did this "dealership" charge for GardX (never heard of it before today)....I was offered DiamondBrite which cost £189 and from what I've seen so far seems excellent, but only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                  If I may be so bold as to ask.....How much did this "dealership" charge for GardX (never heard of it before today)....I was offered DiamondBrite which cost £189 and from what I've seen so far seems excellent, but only time will tell.
                  it was £199 but looks like it has just been polished as most of it was still on the paintwork and inbetween every pannel joint.
                  The interior was apparantly done aswell but yet everything was bone dry even tho it was done that morning....im just getting this horrible feeling ive been ripped off, i wonder if anyone from guard x can come and tell me if it has been applied at all??

Comment

They should also have stuck on your windscreen, a Sticker saying this car is protected with GardX. Well on mine it did just above the tax disc.

Comment

All I can suggest is calling GardX and giving them you details to see if you are on there system. Just had a look at my certificate, and it has a guarantee number on it. If you ain't been given one, then you won't have had it layered on the paint.

Comment

ive just looked at my guard x card and it does have a number on it but everything else is left blank, dealer details valet company etc.

Comment

A friend who used to work in the motor trade claims that this is often not applied even after being ordered/paid for.

I bought a SilverSeal kit (exterior and interior) direct from the supplier for £30 and was told that it is the same in all but name as the stuff that my local stealer quoted £399 for.

Having done it myself at least I know it's been done and (hopefully) properly.
                          1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

I've just cleaned my car for the first time.

Have had the GuardX treatment done, and used the supplied GuardX Wash & Wax, and then the Preserver.

Very disappointed with the level of 'protection' this treatment has provided. Lots of tar spots that I can't shift without risking scratching the paintwork.

Have booked a professional detailer to come along and sort it out. I suspect the car will need claying.

Considering talking to the dealer about a refund - perhaps I can get a written statement from the professional detailer as to what their opinion of the state of the paintwork is?

Has anyone else gone back to their dealer dissatisfied with GuardX?

Comment

we used to sell similar stuff for £199 applied, it cost £25 from the parts dept! Sorry to tell you! Always avoid and do yourself

Comment

Working...
                              X