Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid hosepipe ban

Hey,
    Just after some advice on best way to go about Washing my car whilst this hosepipe ban is still in force.
    It just won't feel right going straight in with buckets and mitt.... Need to keep away the evil swirls.
    I have read up a little on the optimum no rinse stuff but I think I would prefer the traditional way of washing, it's all part of the fun

Hi there, drive up to me in BOT and we'll do it... lol

Or, ONR is a very good product but you do need to be carefuly how to use it - I have helped with demos on really dirty cars using it but you MUST only cover a small amount at a time then rinse and back to your ONR solution. It is also vital to pre-soak the next panel with ONR (from a spray bottle) before washing that panel.

I've got some pictures of results I got with it in the snow once when the hosepipe simply wouldn't work and it bought the car up a treat.

Glad you hate swirls, of course it could give you an excuse for a nice enhancement machine detail once the ban is over!

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

There's no ban on jet wash machines at garages if I'm correct. I take my 2 buckets, loads of bottles of water, wash mitts, drying towels and various other things to the garage. Spray on degreaser, rinse off with jet wash. Use water I brought with me to do 2bm wash. Rinse with jet wash and then dry. Water was off at my hous while I had some plumbing done. You'll either get loads of dirty looks from people waiting or people asking you to do theirs. Attached image is taken at my local garage after doing this.

Comment

That's looking very nice! Love your approach to lack of water too!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Obviously DON'T use the jet wash brush.

Comment

It's no different to doing it at home. Just loads of people giving dirty looks. I'm an ex pro fighter so it doesn't really bother me. Costs me £4 per wash. 2x£2 cheap washes. I once spent about 90mins on an old car at the garage. Got a round of applause from the staff.

Comment

I have the hose from the jet wash connected to one of my water butts, even better than tap water in this hard water area.

Comment

Working...
              X