Snow foam or no snow foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow foam or no snow foam

Is it worth investing in a lance and some foam. Does it make a real difference or is it a waste of time. If it is good to go which is the best foam to use. Looking at AB magifoam or ValetPro snow foam. Looks like a good laugh but dont want to invest if its not much cop......
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

It's Good ! Yes To Snowfoam !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
      It's Good ! Yes To Snowfoam !
      Thats 1 yes, cheers Zack
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Ive got the lance and magifoam from AB - gonna be giving car a good clean this Friday, give me a shout if you want to try before you buy!

Comment

+1 for AB magifoam and lance

Great for getting all the dirt off before washing, also great for releasing dirt/flies etc between washes!

Comment

Simply Yes!

My favourite is Autobrite Magifoam, I demo it on the course I help run - it is very very good at removing crud before you wash the car which all helps minimise swirls - the more you can remove before you touch the car with a wash mitt the better.

And for the cost of a lance and snowfoam, it's nothing, £40-£50-£60 is only the cost of one tank of fuel and a fraction of the cost of the car or even the cost of a full machine correction detail (as much as I love doing them!).....

Regards,
            Clive.
            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I don't have one of these - thoughts please? Ebay
              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

I was advised to not use the Karcher ones Pete, so I bought this instead with a deal on the Magifoam - http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...oam-combo.html

It's out of stock at the moment but if you ring them they might do the deal again over the phone as they have the foam and lance available seperately
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I was advised to not use the Karcher ones Pete, so I bought this instead with a deal on the Magifoam - http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...oam-combo.html

It's out of stock at the moment but if you ring them they might do the deal again over the phone as they have the foam and lance available seperately
                  Cheers, thoughthe downside to that one is the price! A friend of my dads has said he would give me a bottle of THIS so I was only after something relatively cheap to try it out.

Comment

Oh ok... the lance from AD is a very solid piece of kit, made magifoaming mine at the weekend a breeze !
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
                      Cheers, thoughthe downside to that one is the price! A friend of my dads has said he would give me a bottle of THIS so I was only after something relatively cheap to try it out.
                      after trying you will like it and you will stick with it so just spring for the AD lance
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have to admit I was dubious but was convinced by a couple of folks on here, as cyclone said it's amazing stuff and I will be using it every time now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheers folks!

Comment

Its excellent, do it, i would go for the AB Lance and magifoam, the look on the neighbours face when they see your car covered in it, is worth it alone

Comment

A post I entered onto detailing world forum last year:

The lance I used is the AB HD lance, great fun but more importantly does a great job in shifting a lot of the crap on the car before you touch it with a wash mitt. The more dirt you get off at this stage the better as this will help you not move the dirt across the paint which ultimately causes damage.

They say the best things in life are free, well that was confirmed by my free samples of Cotton Candy and Citrus Pre Clean kindly sent by Ronnie at Orchard AutoCare.

My previous company car prior to my DS3 is the car shown.

Always get a zoo load of bugs on the front end and the pearlescent white shows them up even more. Normally spray a bug cleaner, leave to soak then scrub off with a wash pad.

Bug ridden front end 1 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Bug ridden front end 2 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Bug ridden front end 3 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Received from the postie 2 sample bottles from Ronnie. Used 20ml of Citrus Pre Clean in a litre of cold water in my snow foam lance. Sprayed and left to dwell for 5-10 minutes.

Citurs pre cleaner doing its thing by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Citurs pre cleaner doing its thing 2 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Citurs pre cleaner doing its thing 4 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Rinsed with jet wash and bye bye bugs.

Bye bye flies and bugs by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Bye bye flies and bugs 2 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Bye bye flies and bugs 3 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Bye bye flies and bugs 4 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Then used the Cotton Candy. Used 10ml, I will repeat that, 10ml of Cotton Candy in a litre of cold water in my snow foam lance. Sprayed and left to dwell for 5-10 minutes.

Cotton candy working wonders by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Cotton candy working wonders 2 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

Rinsed with jet wash and all dirt and grime now gone. I really should have took pictures of grubby paintwork beforehand so apologies but trust me it was not a white car. I honestly, hand on heart did not touch the bodywork at all during this wash with any type of cloth or mitt or wash pad whatsoever.

rinsed and beading well by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

rinsed and beading well 2 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

rinsed and beading well 3 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

rinsed and beading well 4 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

rinsed and beading well 5 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

I then sprayed neat demon shine all over and wiped with a Dodo Juice drying towel. The results speak for themselves.

demon shined and dried 2 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

demon shined and dried 3 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

demon shined and dried 4 by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

demon shined and dried by Rabidracoon28, on Flickr

I have used AutoBrite Magifoam, Valet Pro ph neutral, Stjarnagloss Kokosnot and Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and they were all used at a 10-1 ratio. None of them could match the cleaning capabilities of the products from Orchard AutoCare.

I have since bought a bigger bottle of Cotton Candy now and it just proves the snowfoam doesn't have to be like shaving foam to be effective; quite the opposite actually.

Andy
                              Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 25-06-2013, 22:45.
                              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                              X