Leather Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Seats

Anybody got any tips on the leather seats? Used some of those leather wipes with the conditioner in but it ends up a bit streaky afterwards and you have to rub the hell out of the seats to get the excess 'conditioner off'.

Any suggestions would be canny ;-)
    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Apologies pinching your thread, but it seemed pointless to make another!

The other month I took all my gear to a local place as it was raining, and wanted to clean it under shelter (they have a huge gazebo) - they washed my car under my not-so watchful eye! Anyway long story short I turned my back for 2 minutes, only to find the bloke spraying my leather seats with Autobrite Bubblegum (dash/vinyl spray) - now my leather seats are shining/slippery to touch, anyone got suggestions on how to solve this? A gent from the dodo juice tent tried some of their cleaning solution, but it was naff and didn't do anything.

Comment

What about baby wipes? They work well on my leather sofa :-) I have not tried them in the car tho as i just use some leather cleaner for cars for that but might be worth a try.

Comment

Apparently they arn't good for the leathere...might still give them a go though. I@m not overly anal about my cars interior as I get it valetted once a month, it's more for when I'm parked up and fancy doing some cleaning

Comment

Hmm, not heard that before, i saw it on a tv programme once that baby wipes are good for leather as they are gentle and wont damage it. But then again that was for a leather sofa not car interiors, whether that makes a difference i dunno. I aint used baby wipes of the car myself tho. All i use is just some autoglym leather cleaner, seems ok,it didnt streak either.

Comment

I have always used Autoglym's leather cleaner on Carla with great results, it leaves a nice clean finish without making the seats all shiny. Don't forget that Leather needs to be treated every six months with a conditioner or cream to stop the 'stretching' and bum marks. The seats in Carla are over 14 years old and still look like new!

Another tip is to use hairspray to remove stubborn dirt, squirt a little onto the leather and leave for about 5 minutes. The glue from the hairspray lifts the dirt from the grain a treat, just use a damp cloth to wipe down afterwards. Do try a test area first!

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Cheers biggie- Halfords I go this afternoon after it gets its monthly valet

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                I have always used Autoglym's leather cleaner on Carla with great results, it leaves a nice clean finish without making the seats all shiny. Don't forget that Leather needs to be treated every six months with a conditioner or cream to stop the 'stretching' and bum marks. The seats in Carla are over 14 years old and still look like new!

Another tip is to use hairspray to remove stubborn dirt, squirt a little onto the leather and leave for about 5 minutes. The glue from the hairspray lifts the dirt from the grain a treat, just use a damp cloth to wipe down afterwards. Do try a test area first!

I have both the Autoglym Leather Cleaner and Leather Care Balm
                sigpic

Comment

Don’t use conditioners that contain petroleum or waxes as they can cause product build-up and dull your leather’s finish. Too much liquid can damage the seat. Don’t let the wet solution dry on the seats. Make sure you massage it in with your cloth until it has been absorbed. I hope it helps
                  Brisbane's #1 Leather Protection Provider. Remove dirt and grim from seats, door trims and dash pads. 5 stars. Book Now. Get A Quote

Comment

Working...
                  X