Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onr?

Hi all...

I've been debating how to keep my car clean, especially as I live in a flat with no outside access to water or power, so cant readily use a Pressure Washer etc...

When looking around DW, I found a couple of interesting threads on ONR - Optimum No Rinse... A 'reduced water' washing system... On the surface it seems ideal...
    A couple of example threads:
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=138013
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=116032

So, has anyone used ONR as a sustainable way of keeping their car clean?

I'm intending to do an initial full detail including wash, clay, SRP, n 2 or 3 coats of wax, plus seal the alloys.
    But then wanna try and keep the ongoing maintenance as quick and easy as possible...

Comments welcome... Especially you Clive...

Cheers
    Gav

Clive did advise that I use it for in between sealant coats if I couldn't get it all applied on the same day so I reckon it is a thumbs up. Not used it but all the write up's I've seen are positive. Autoglym auqa wax is also good as you can apply this to the car while it is wet so may be handy. I've used it once and was impressed as I wanted a quick bit of protection on as couldnt polish and wax due to all the rain. (thanks again biggy).

sigpic
    Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Could you get to a jet wash then ONR after? That would get grit off first.

Jimbob

Comment

Ive used it on a pretty dirty car too, without any issue...
        -- Gannet.
        DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

Comment

From my reading up on ONR, as long as the car is well protected to begin with, ONR should take care of lifting the majority of lighter soiling with a pre-soak. Obv it wouldn't be suitable for a car caked in mud or similar, and gotta be careful when the road salt comes out...

So if I keep on top of it, should be minimal fuss

Comment

Hi Gav,

It will suit you well, it is a great product as long as it is used correctly.

As Heaton has said I like it sometimes between wax or sealant coats - I always keep it in stock - believe it or not you can use it to remove large amounts of muck, but, and it's a very big but, you need to use it in a particular manner, where you remove only an inch or two (or less) at a time, when I feel you'd be better off with the hose. But it comes into its own sometimes.

It is something you can use a certain type of sponge with too!

Here's a mini-review I did of it a while back, in the snow, when I couldn't have used a hose or PW!:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=195267

Regards,
            Clive.
            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Clive

Cool, Cheers for the info and link... Looks like I need to get some ordered in :-)

Now to get a nice day to get the base layers on my car...

Gav

Comment

Originally posted by fatmcgav View Post
                Clive

Cool, Cheers for the info and link... Looks like I need to get some ordered in :-)

Now to get a nice day to get the base layers on my car...

Gav
                Good luck with that I want a double garage. Sorted

sigpic
                Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Heaton View Post
                  Good luck with that I want a double garage. Sorted
                  Luckily my uncles got one, so can use that from time to time... :-)

Comment

I got a 32oz bottle of this on Monday from Shinearama and am now converted.
                    4 capfuls into 2L of water in a pressure sprayer, used as a pre wash then 1 capful in 3.5L bucket of water.
                    Spray one panel at a time and leave to dwell. After a short time dip a grout sponge or Zymol sponge into the bucket (I use a grit guard), wring out leaving just a little liquid within the sponge (not dripping wet at all) and very very lightly pass the sponge over the pre rinsed panel in vertical strokes. Product does the work not you. Then lightly mist a mf cloth with the pressure sprayer, fold into 4 and wipe panel. Dry with another mf or drying towel.
                    Repeat doing one panel at a time. Leaves a clean, glossy finish which can be further enhanced with a qd such as Z6 or Z8.
                    So easy and no messing about lugging hoses, jetwashes, snow foams about; whole car done and qd'ed in less than 20 minutes. I still like the whole snow foam, rinse, dry, polish palatha but when in a rush or not near water for a rinse then give this stuff a try. I am sure you will be very impressed.
                    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                    Take a pride in your ride
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                    X