Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full detail & enhancement by CliveP

Hi all,

Having had my ds3 for 3-4 months its always been my intention to get a full detail done - I wanted somewhat of an enhancement detail done by machine, as the original 'valet' by the dealer was never very good; and subsequent hand washes had unfortunately left the car marked etc

In an effort to get the best look possible, I made the 100 mile trip down to Clive arriving early Saturday morning and getting home at 9! He's done a cracking job with the rotary machine, and given the car a level of depth/mirror finish; something it never had before despite my efforts by hand - the pictures don't do the car justice, but I am very pleased with the results!

Most definitely a worthwhile trip! It was great to finally meet another member so passionate about cleaning! Clive never tired of my endless questions throughout the day, and I was able to actually see his methods first hand - also got a few pointers on using a DA machine!

Here's the pics, not many unfortunately - we ended up cleaning he car and then realised we hadn't took any!

Last edited by Stonesy; 12-08-2012, 23:41.

Nice job, for a moment there I thought you had wrapped some of the chrome trim with that light blue hehe. Clive's going to need to get an order book for when the rest of us do a surprise visit for a detail lol.

Comment

That looks stunning! I know it takes a lot of time to get these results but there really worth it Love the mirror like roof, Stonesy your one lucky guy running around in a car that clean haha just hope it doesn't rain on you

Comment

Must say it looks brilliant (Literally).
        Marvellous- credit to both your hard work
        The cynic in me says give it 3 weeks and itll be dirty again
        But as I say to the wife when I wash mine very 10 days-its as much as a hobby than anything else
        Better than going off on the lash every day
        Wonder if we will all be avidly cleaning the time the first MOT comes round
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          The cynic in me says give it 3 weeks and itll be dirty again
          Originally posted by Stonesy View Post
          I made the 100 mile trip down to Clive
          I Hope I'm wrong but the cynic in me says it got re-dirty on the trip back home !

Comment

There was the obvious fly splats etc on the front end - but that won't detract from the finish it's been given, a quick once over and it's back to gleaming again. Now it's been
            Machined the bodywork is pristine, making it both easier and quicker to return it to the above.

I'd say the only issue I had all weekend was realising, despite all the products I'd purchased - Clive still managed to introduce me to some new ones! Citrus wash from Autobrite is amazingly good at breaking down flies! So I've just put together another shopping list!

Comment

Chris,

It was great to meet and a very enjoyable day (my head can still feel the effects of the sun on it! lol)...

As Chris has said, it's not a case it won't get dirty, because it's been properly machined and the swirls removed along with a wax protecting it (in this case my top one, but any decent wax will do), as long as the correct wash technique is used (which Chris knows how to do of course!) then it won't take Chris long to get it back to the above standard.....

Testament to that is my Red DS3, before Chris arrived I did a quick wash and dry (I didn't get chance to use a quick detailer even) and as Chris will let you know the red is still lovely and deep - that was last machined a year ago, there's a few small swirls and marks crept back in again (you can't completely avoid them I'm afraid), but it's still great.

Great to meet you Chris, glad you love it!

Speak soon,
              Clive.
              Last edited by CliveP; 13-08-2012, 20:08.
              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

wow...now that's what I call clean.

Comment

Wow, that looks pristine, that is some shine....
                  Excellent work Clive. Can't wait to unleash you on mine

Comment

Worth every penny! If you do go down, make sure Clive takes you to the local sarnie shop! Door wedge bacon sarnie, can't beat it!

Comment

Nice work Clive, you realize any free time you thought you had has now disappeared
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Following my visit to Clive's for the detail on my DS3 - I came home and just had to designate a place in the garage for all my stuff!

Another delivery from AB came this morning, followed by a trip to B&Q for my rack, and then off to poundstretcher for these awesome shelve/pull-out drawers! currently £12!!

Anyway, courtesy of Mr P I have now developed some kind of fanboyism for everything Autobrite, and obsessive cleaning of my car!

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Stonesy; 14-08-2012, 16:41.

Comment

OCD rules.
                          What when the garage is full and a new wasp remover comes out?

Jimbob

Comment

Looks realy great.
                            Now I know for sure, my DS3 also needs a good wash and detail job!
                            DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Am sold....need to book a day with Mr P so he can work his magic.

Comment

Working...
                              X